x

Why are my transactions cancelling after the customer leaves?

For the past two weeks, after a card has gone through it will cancel it a few minutes later AFTER the customer has already left.

I lost $52 yesterday plus all the amounts I have been losing over the last few weeks.

I am so frustrated and am considering getting a new credit card processing company.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @powercraiglift.

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Really sorry to hear that this has been happening. Are you able to see the payments here? If so, do they say cancelled, voided or declined? Are you taking these payments while your device is connected to a strong WiFi connection.

Let me know so I can look into this further. If you feel an urgency to the situation, also feel free to give us a call

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 2 of 5

I too have a transaction cancel after the customer left our store. Lost $61 which is big hit for our little store. Saw an email briefly but it disappeared and not able to see it again. How does this happen and what can we do to not let it happen again? Are we just out the money or is there a recourse?

Message 3 of 5

This is the second day I have lost credit card transactions. They go through when the cards are scanned but do not show up on my sales reports and I do not get them as a deposit. I use them during an offline mode and that worked in the past but not now. They would show pending then when I would get home and connect to the internet they would go through. Now they don't even show up as pending shortly after I get an approval message. I even scanned my own credit card and entered my cell number for text receipt but nothing happened even though it says it went through. I called support the first time it happened and they said they didn't see them either. Two days and $75 lost so I am done with Square!

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @GWatME and @Iceshaver-

Please give us a call as soon as possible. As your payment processor, we want to make sure you are receiving all the funds for your processed sales. We look forward to hearing from you so we can make this right. Thanks for your time. 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 5 of 5