x

Suggestions for a true cell booster to use in food trailer

I am a mobile food vendor and do a lot of events where there is either very little cell signal available (I have Verizon) or that so many other vendors  are accessing the cell signal available that the Square won't even go offline. I call it the "not going to process hell mode". This problem continues to get worse as more and more vendors are using their cell phones since there is no wifi available to be able to use. So many customers today do not carry cash and some don't even carry cards any longer depending on being able to use their phones to pay. I sell items that do not take that long to prepare--most less than 30 seconds--so there is no time to stand around and try to wait for a transaction to go thru. Does anyone have a device that will truly boost and capture a cell signal or have used something like the Starlink Roam (RV) service and equipment? I have talked myself blue in the face trying to explain to event organizers that they need to address this by either them getting a mobile cell booster or at least posting on the top and pinning that cell service is almost impossible on their FB page and encouraging customers to bring cash. Even the events that have ATM machines sometimes find that since the ATMs operate via cell signal that they can't connect to a cell signal so that is not good either.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

I use HiBoost   https://www.hiboost.com/signalboosters/  I use it at my house, before I had no signal or barely 1 bar inside my house, had about 3 outside.  Mounted an antenna there so it gets 3 bars outside basically but gives me 5 bars inside.  Problem with this is if your Booster has the best signal, everyone's cell phone will be using your signal booster not just You.  Not sure if you would run the same problem if you get over 20, 30, etc others using your booster.  All it does it get the signal and basically transfers the reception area to another antenna inside in my circumstance.  I know they have other types for cars and situations like what you want to do.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

I don’t know if this work in your situation or area, but have you talked to Verizon about their Business internet? It’s still cell service like your cell phone uses, but it is a cell modem/router. Verizon’s is like a white box and has a larger and more antennas inside it. We use T-Mobile business internet, ours looks like a little silver trashcan, we carry it all over the country and get speeds of 100-300 down and 30-60 up. The only thing is if you are on a congested tower you can get de-prioritized and may get slower speeds.

Verizon Home internet 

T-Mobile Business internet 

Message 3 of 3