x

Square + Gravity Integration Error: "Card nonce already used with a different idempotency key"

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Credit Card Payment: Card nonce already used with a different idempotency key;"

After using SQUARE for year through Gravity forms recently I started seeing an issue. Users on my site see the error below and then try again and the order goes through twice. This is new and I have not changed anything that I am aware of.

Credit Card Payment: Card nonce already used with a different idempotency key; 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @sdewitti.  You’re not the first Gravity Forms user to see this.  There are a number of posts on Gravity’s help forum about it.  Here’s a link to one that seems to have a solution.  That poster determined this was not a Square issue but rather a Gravity settings issue.  I have no clue what changed, where it changed, or why it changed.  But this seems to be a/the solution.  If it doesn’t work, there are other threads in Gravity about this subject, too.  Good luck.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @sdewitti - I appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this issue. I can certainly point you in the right direction to get this resolved as soon as possible. Although Square integrates with Gravity Forms, the integration is operated and managed by Gravity. For help with Gravity-specific questions, you’ll need to submit a ticket to their Support Team.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @sdewitti.  You’re not the first Gravity Forms user to see this.  There are a number of posts on Gravity’s help forum about it.  Here’s a link to one that seems to have a solution.  That poster determined this was not a Square issue but rather a Gravity settings issue.  I have no clue what changed, where it changed, or why it changed.  But this seems to be a/the solution.  If it doesn’t work, there are other threads in Gravity about this subject, too.  Good luck.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

@sdewitti That link I posted is slightly different, but it is about nonse issues.  It seems too similar to be a coincidence.  I hope it helps.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 5

Yeah, that solution does not make sense. I am trying to correct this but it is so inconsistent in when it happens.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @sdewitti - I appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this issue. I can certainly point you in the right direction to get this resolved as soon as possible. Although Square integrates with Gravity Forms, the integration is operated and managed by Gravity. For help with Gravity-specific questions, you’ll need to submit a ticket to their Support Team.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5