x

PayPal Checkout button not showing up

Yesterday I connected my Business PayPal account to my Square shop so that visitors can checkout using PayPal, but I don't see the PayPal button showing up on any of my item pages along with the Apple Pay and Google Pay or regular Square checkout options. Is there something I'm missing that might prevent the PayPal button from showing up yet? My checkout settings show PayPal is connected. Is there something else I have to do? Thanks for any troubleshooting advice. 

TIF HOLMES
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
WWW.TIFHOLMES.COM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @tifholmes

Double check the Settings under Checkout in your Online Store. You will want to make sure each payment option you'd like is toggled on. 

If they are I would recommend testing it out. No need to complete the transaction, but go through the process until you see what you're looking for. Keep in mind - Google & Apple Pay are usually at the beginning of the checkout process. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Thanks. I see now that PayPal doesn't appear as an option until well into the checkout process (I had to actually enter my information and click "next" all the way to "Payment Information" before I saw the option to use PayPal. I don't suppose there's any way to get the PayPal button on the main item page where Apple Pay and Google Pay buttons appear? For those buyers who only use PayPal to purchase online, this isn't very intuitive. Still, I'm at least glad it's an option to use PayPal now. Thanks for your assistance. 

TIF HOLMES
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
WWW.TIFHOLMES.COM
Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

I am glad you were able to find that PayPal button, @tifholmes

Right now, you wouldn't be able to move it to another location. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

PayPal does not have a toggle option on the checkout store.  Its either connected or disconnected.

Message 5 of 7

I'm trying to add paypal as a payment option for online. I've done the API permissions in paypal for info_api1.weebly.com  and it says paypal is connected on the Online -> Checkout screen. But when I go through checkout, entering a credit card is the only option (aside from the G Pay button). What am I doing wrong here?

Message 6 of 7

I'm not sure if what you're experiencing is the same issue I had, but I *thought* PayPal wasn't working because it doesn't actually appear as an option until the very end of the checkout process. A person has to enter their email, name, address, phone #, and it isn't until they click "next" after selecting their shipping method that the PayPal button appears beneath the credit/debit card option.

This may or may not be what you're experiencing, but it did cause me to think it wasn't working. Maybe it will help. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 11.32.15 AM.png 

TIF HOLMES
FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY
WWW.TIFHOLMES.COM
Message 7 of 7