x

Paid square support services

Hello everyone! I've found phone and chat support to be ineffective and frustrating at best.  Does anyone know of a pro level support number where you can get advanced,  personalized support, even if it's a paid subscription service? I use square for 20 clients and could use a responsive knowledgeable tech support contact versus someone at a call center who is reading all the same info as I can see posted online.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Winelover99 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with our phone and messaging support teams.

An "advanced support" paid service isn't something we offer but if there is something that you are needing help with at this time, please let me know and I am happy to see what I can do from my end 🙂

You are always welcome to reach out to the Seller Community to receive help from your fellow Sellers and our Community Moderators.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

This is an amazing idea.. their support really is lacking and this would be AMAZING!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Winelover99 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with our phone and messaging support teams.

An "advanced support" paid service isn't something we offer but if there is something that you are needing help with at this time, please let me know and I am happy to see what I can do from my end 🙂

You are always welcome to reach out to the Seller Community to receive help from your fellow Sellers and our Community Moderators.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7

Hello everyone! I've found phone and chat support to be ineffective and frustrating at best.  Does anyone know of a pro level support number where you can get advanced,  personalized support, even if it's a paid subscription service? I use square for 20 clients and could use a responsive knowledgeable tech support contact versus someone at a call center who is reading all the same info as I can see posted online.

Message 4 of 7
Square Champion

Hi @Winelover99 

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles.  I don't know of alternate or other number for a tech 2 or higher service rep.  I believe that the normal CS number here at the Square Community are the only current options. 

However that actually would be a great idea to incorporate, especially with paid services to have a higher level tech team that is more advanced in each category.( Online, POS, Invoice etc).

Any issues that we could solve here, or are they more specific personalized account related issues?

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Donnie! First question is trying to set up discounts the way I need. It used to be easy. Now they've moved to an "automatic" discount version which doesn't really work for our needs. Not the way they have it set up now anyways. I need to have a $5 discount set when they buy two or more products, but not on each item. Just a total of $5 off. It has all the settings to make it look like this should work, but it just gives $5 off on every item, even if just 1 is being sold, even though the setting/rule is when 2 a min. of 2 are sold....   Any idea?

Message 6 of 7
Square Champion

@Winelover99 ;

I used Automatic Discounts for my instore purchases as listed below.

I know this may get confusing since it was hard the first time I did it.  I use to have my 16 oz candles on sale.

Buy 1 for 16oz Category pay full price

Buy 2 of my 16oz Category pay $28 or a $1 off each

Buy 3 of my 16oz Category pay $33 or $2 off of each.

So if you want to sell two of your Red Wines for a total of $5 off,

You would need to tell Square Discounts that when 2 Bottles of Category Red wine are sold Each bottle gets a Discount of $2.50  

The reason Square does this is because when a Customer gets a Discount like this on the purchase they would not get the Full price back when returned.  The receipt gets very confusing since every bottle show $2.50 instead of a Total discount of $5.00 for Buy 2 discount.

Here is more on Automatic Discounts :

3955-create-and-manage-discounts 

Now if you were Defining Which 2 Items were included in the deal then you could use Bundles.  Right now bundles can not be from a Category or variously picked in person.  I hope this becomes available.  

So to create my Bundle for soaps and a candle, I have to assign :

1 Mango Bar

1 Mango Lotion

1 Mango 16oz Candle 

Then set the Price for this Bundle.

When Sold 1 of each of these is reduced from inventory BUT if someone says they would prefer a Christmas Scent instead of Mango for the Bundle, That messes up the Bundle Price and Inventory currently.  The Automatic Discount only works for Items or Categories which is why this might be better for you for in person sales.

If you send me a Screen shot of your Discount settings I might be able to figure out what needs to be adjusted.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 7