x

POS - Stay in the Category section

Hello, we are using the Square Point of Sale App, and we have products in different categories. When I go into one of our categories and select an item, it will then immediate go back to the list of categories.   There are times where we have customers wanting different items within a category, so it's time consuming to keep going back into the same category.  Is there a way for us to stay within a category and not take us back to the main list of categories, after we select an item?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Woodford ;

As I see this is your first post let me welcome you to the sellers community forum.

I tried this in February of 2022 and it worked fine for me, on a Galaxy Cell phone.

I also have the Square for Retail app on an Ipad in a Stand, and after selecting an adding an item to the checkout cart it took me back to that category.

I just sold a 28 oz candle on my Ipad, Pressed Favorites, 28oz, chose the item 28oz Mountain Morning, and then was taken to the Category of 28oz, again.

So I believe this was all fixed by Feb 2022, since you are the first person asking about this since then.

Now an update could have messed this up again, but since I m on the most recent version of Square on the Ipad I do not believe this is the case.  

What Device are you using for your point of sale?  Ipad, Android, Square Register, or other?

Is your Devices operating System up to date?

Is your Square App up to date?

Which App are you using since Square has a few for taking Payments, Square, Squae for Retail, Square for Resturants?

For the best help here all this information is needed so the correct users can give the best answers since most of the people on here, including myself, do not work for Square Support.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi there @Rich-L 👋 What kind of device are you running the Square Point of Sale app on?

I just played around with the app on my phone, and I followed these steps:
Click on category > select item from category > Add item to current sale

When I complete those steps, I am returned to the category from which I selected the last added item, rather than to the list of categories. I'm running the latest version of the SPOS app as well as the most up-to-date software on my mobile device. Perhaps either your device software or the Square Point of Sale app are outdated?

If these are both updated, you'll want to reach out to our Support team as they will better be able to shine a light on what you're seeing.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I'm using a 10.2" iPad and an 8" Samsung tablet.  Both exhibit the same behavior.

Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Hi there. I just searched for this very same issue and it brought me to this thread. Is there a fix yet?

thanks

D

Message 4 of 7
Square Champion

@Dirky ;

I just tried it on my android device and opened the app

Chose Library ..

then chose a category...  16oz Jars

Then Selected the Item    Apple Pie

Changed the Quantity to 2

then press Add  at the top Right of my screen

After pressing ADD

I was taken back to all my items in the Category 16oz Jars.

This was on my Samsung 20 FE cell phone  (Android) using Square for Retail

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 5 of 7

Did anyone ever solve this???

Message 6 of 7
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Woodford ;

As I see this is your first post let me welcome you to the sellers community forum.

I tried this in February of 2022 and it worked fine for me, on a Galaxy Cell phone.

I also have the Square for Retail app on an Ipad in a Stand, and after selecting an adding an item to the checkout cart it took me back to that category.

I just sold a 28 oz candle on my Ipad, Pressed Favorites, 28oz, chose the item 28oz Mountain Morning, and then was taken to the Category of 28oz, again.

So I believe this was all fixed by Feb 2022, since you are the first person asking about this since then.

Now an update could have messed this up again, but since I m on the most recent version of Square on the Ipad I do not believe this is the case.  

What Device are you using for your point of sale?  Ipad, Android, Square Register, or other?

Is your Devices operating System up to date?

Is your Square App up to date?

Which App are you using since Square has a few for taking Payments, Square, Squae for Retail, Square for Resturants?

For the best help here all this information is needed so the correct users can give the best answers since most of the people on here, including myself, do not work for Square Support.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 7 of 7