x

My bluetooth Kitchen Printer (Starr) has been dropping at least once per day since the 12.2 update.

Since the 12,2 Apple update my bluetooth Kitchen printer (Starr) has been droppingat least once per day. The only solution so far has been to reboot the IPAd.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Thank you for sharing. We recently bought a coffee shop and tried setting up our wireless printer yesterday and it send everything into a crazy downward spiral of diconnections. After a few tries with support, we were told that the bluetooth connection to the iPad could only sync up to the card reader and trying to add anything else (like a wireless printer) would disconnect the card reader. Do you have any insight on this? Now i'm worried about using multiple devices as we have some pretty busy events coming up. We really can't afford for everything to disconnect in the middle of a busy afternoon again.

Message 2 of 4
Admin

@usdanskyjeff @hritgtrlcoffee We haven't seen an uptick in reports since the latest version of of iOS was released. Have you tried all the bluetooth troubleshooting steps listed here?

You can connect a reader and a compatible bluetooth printer to the Square Stand, I'm sorry that there was a bit of confusion when you called our Support team. But keep in mind your bluetooth devices must be within about 10ft of your iPad, and some other electronic devices (like microwave ovens) can interfere with bluetooth connections.

If this issue persists please don't hesitate to call our CS team to report that you're still having issues. They'll be able to escalate this to our engineering team to take a closer look.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 4

Same happened today, When I came in today I opened square and my stand, reciept printer, and kitchen printer would not connect.

After I rebooted the ipad everything connected.

Message 4 of 4