x

LG V30 device, chip reader won't work

Got a new phone and twice now I've not been able to use the chip reader when accepting a credit card.  I've been able to key it in, but it keeps giving me a card reading error.  is there a problem I can fix or is the square reader just not compatible with this device? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Allyoop! I love your username. 😀

Unfortunately it looks like the LG V30 isn't listed on our Device Compatibility page. If the device isn't listed on this page, we can't guarantee that it will be compatible with our hardware. 

If you have any questions please let me know! I would be happy to help out! 

Message 2 of 6

Ok, thank you. Didn't  it on either list.  Did you anticipate it will be at some point?

Message 3 of 6

Hey @Allyoop, since this phone released in October of last year I don't expect it to be added to the Device Compatibility page. 

Message 4 of 6

It's a year later than the last reply, so why hasn't Square figured out how to make the chip reader compatible with the LG 30? It uses the Android OS system.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

I'm sorry that this device isn't supported yet @lgerber6. If we can guarantee support for this device we'll update the Square Device Compatibilty. We make sure we can fully support a device before we add it to the compatibility page so you can take payments without running into any issues. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 6