x

How to remove VAT id from order emails

Hi ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ive been scrolling around for quite a few hours now and I simply can't find out how to remove the VAT id from order confirmation emails.

We are a UK based company and as of last week we are no longer registered for vat I have removed all traces of vat from products, sales etc and account settings.

But all order confirmation emails that are sent to a customer who completes checkout on our website still contains our old VAT number which is not valid anymore as we are no longer vat registered. I have tried for hours to find it hidden where ever it may be so I can remove it.

I have already checked where you would originally put your VAT id and its blank as I have already removed it from everywhere! So why is it still showing up in the order email to the customer ๐Ÿค”

Message 1 of 20
Report Inappropriate Content
19 REPLIES 19
Square Champion

Hi there's, if you have tried going to your dashboard, under accounts and settings, then business locations, you can edit your vat here. If this hasn't worked then it would put a call in to Square customer service and raise this with them. May be a synchronisation issue. I had something similar with my business address not working properly a few years back.

Hope this helps

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 2 of 20

Thanks for the reply, yeah Iโ€™ve contacted them the other day as I canโ€™t find any other way to get it removed from the confirmed order emails sent to customers ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 20
Admin

Hey @OTCF, thanks for your post. 

You should be able to remove your old VAT number for your Square Online email confirmations from your Square Online Overview > Communications > Email sender profile > Edit profile > Edit > View more sender information > Commercial Registration #

Let me know if this works ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 20

Hi 

Thanks for your reply๐Ÿ˜

Unfortunately there is no mention of VAT in there the commercial registration in the section mentioned above only contains my valid company number as I am a registered company in the UK with companies house.

Message 5 of 20
Admin

Oh no! I'll send you a private message to gather some more information @OTCF

Breffni
Message 6 of 20

Iโ€™ve replied thank including all info you required and a pic showing where it is appearing too ๐Ÿ˜

Message 7 of 20
Admin

Breffni
Message 8 of 20

Hi is there any update on this ? Itโ€™s been a few weeks now and my VAT ID is still showing in my customer confirmed sales emails.  As this is a number that is no longer valid it really needs to be removed. Iโ€™ve been all over my account and it is not listed anywhere so why is it still showing up in the emails.

I would appreciate it if it could be removed or someone tell me where to find where ever it is hidden that I havenโ€™t looked yet so I can take it off. Believe me Iโ€™ve been everywhere. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Message 9 of 20
Admin

Hi @OTCF, sorry to hear this issue is ongoing. 

I'm going to check in with our support team who were working on your case for an update. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update. 

Thanks for bearing with us. 

Breffni
Message 10 of 20

Hi @Breffni 

Is there any news yet on this ? Every customer order still contains my old VAT number which isnโ€™t valid anymore within the sales confirmation email weโ€™re passing 6 weeks now and this is an extremely important issue. Please can you enquire if there is an update and what is taking so long to get this removed from the emails or where is it hiding on my account ?
My website is up for renewal in December and with the new fee payment structure coming in November Iโ€™m seriously considering not renewing it. 
There are still so many outstanding issues including this one where months have gone by and Iโ€™m still no further forward getting it resolved ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Message 11 of 20

Hi @Breffni 

Please do you have any news on this its been nearly 3 months now since I first mentioned it and my old VAT number which is not valid anymore is still appearing in customer purchase emails to this day. Nearly 3 months to fix this and i'm still no further forward.๐Ÿ˜ข

Please can you enquire with the support team what stage we are at to get this resolved. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 12 of 20
Admin

Hi Bev, thanks for your message. 

I'm very sorry about this experience. I've just located the case that Customer Support created to investigate this issue with our engineers. Our engineers last asked the agent to make a change to your account but we do not have access to make that change ourselves, hence the delay. 

They have seemed to locate where the VAT ID is, so I've requested they remove it now. 

I should have an update for you soon! Thanks for holding out @OTCF

Breffni
Message 13 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey @OTCF, just stepping in for Alegra while she is out of the office. The engineers working on your case have confirmed that they were able to change the VAT ID from confirmation emails. Can you check on your side if everything appears as it should? Thanks!

Message 14 of 20

3A98A0D5-744E-4EAC-A837-DC6DD2D78261.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Hi

I have just had an online order come through and it is still there at the bottom of the order confirmation emails. So it is still displaying and has not successfully been removed. ๐Ÿ˜ข

Message 15 of 20
Admin

Thanks @OTCF. I've sent this information back to the engineers. 

Breffni
Message 16 of 20

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I just wish I could work out where on earth itโ€™s hiding ๐Ÿซฃ 

Message 17 of 20
Admin

Same @OTCF, it should be gone now (hopefully). Let me know the next time you get a confirmation email! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Breffni
Message 18 of 20

Yipee I think itโ€™s finally gone and vanished, but Iโ€™m going to keep my fingers crossed just incase. 
thanks for following up I can finally tick something of my list. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Message 19 of 20
Admin

Super, let me know if creeps up again but it should be good to go. 

Have a good weekend @OTCF 

Breffni
Message 20 of 20