x

Cash drawer starting cash disappears

Our cash drawer keeps resetting, forcing us to enter a new starting cash amount without us starting a new drawer. It has happened 2-3 times first thing in the morning over the last month or so—we chalked it up to being related to an overnight update or something. 

This week, however, it is happening EVERY SINGLE MORNING, and even happened a second time today, in the middle of the day. It is driving all of us nuts. 

What kind of bug is this, and can it be fixed, please??

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @thewiredrooster 

Sorry to hear about your situation with the Cash Drawer starting cash disappearing. If you share a bit more details of this situation I can gladly take a closer look. On which device is this happening?

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

This is also happening to me. An OPEN drawer will show 0.00 cash in the drawer, 0.00 starting cash as well. All just gone. So at the end of the day when I go to balance and close the drawer, it shows no cash. I have to pull up a sales report and look at how much cash was brought in, then just count it and match it that way. It's frustrating and this will make it very hard for my staff to close a drawer when I am on vacation. 

Message 3 of 3