x

Available for Sale check box disappeared

I have been stocking items by using custom units for cases such as 12pk Case or 24pk Case and then selling items by custom units such as Single or 4pk. I usually uncheck the Available for Sale check box to make the case units unavailable for sale. Up until today I've been able to do this but when I went to enter new items into inventory, the check box for the first unit on the variation isn't there anymore.

I've been able to work around this but adding the units such as 12pk Case and Single then unchecking the Available for Sale box on the 12pk Case unit and then switching the Unit Stocked option in the Manage Stock tab and then deleting the default first unit but that is very time consuming and it's a drag. It was much faster before.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

This feature has returned! Thank you for whoever did that. It will save me a bunch of time.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our Retail team, @ndixon 

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here, as they can look at your account alongside you to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I already spent an hour on the phone with customer support on this issue. I was ultimately told that I would have to either do it in the export/bulk edit excel way or use my work around. I couldn't get an answer on what's going with this.

I couldn't get the bulk edit to import properly. It changed all my units into separate variations. The work around is doable but it can be finicky and it is time consuming.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for getting back to me @ndixon

Since this feature is no longer available in our Dashboard my best advice would be to submit a feature request for this to be added again as part of the inventory options offered. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square for Retail. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Best Answer

This feature has returned! Thank you for whoever did that. It will save me a bunch of time.

Message 5 of 5