x

issues with taking & saving item photos through the app

i’m trying to do inventory and you can upload pictures directly into the app, which is great in theory.

my issues are…

1. that the app keeps freezing and not letting me add the photo i just took. the done button will not work. i will have to restart the entire app and repeat this process 2-3 more times to get it work.

2. if the photo does get uploaded, i will save the item, and close out. i am 100% sure the item with the photo has been saved. the photos are not saving and/or disappearing once i do see them!!! i can’t tell which ones don’t have the image unless i restart the app just to make sure. 

all in all, super frustrated at these companies who keep increasing their prices SUBSTANTIALLY for “updates” and then i can’t even do the thing i’m paying for. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @zuckercreme !

That is interesting that you're having problems with photos! I don't use the Retail product myself, but I'm not seeing any issue with Restaurants or Point of Sale myself.

The first thing I'd say is to make sure that your app and device's OS are fully up to date. Back end changes on the software can cause some random issues with outdated apps.

Also, have you tried another device to see if you're seeing the same problems? It's a great troubleshooting step to see where the problem lies.

You may also want to look into the Square Photo Studio app. It allows you to do more photo formatting including background removal and links directly to your account. You can create and modify items directly from the Photo Studio app.

Please keep us updated with troubleshooting steps and what the results are! We can continue to work together to solve this problem.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @zuckercreme !

That is interesting that you're having problems with photos! I don't use the Retail product myself, but I'm not seeing any issue with Restaurants or Point of Sale myself.

The first thing I'd say is to make sure that your app and device's OS are fully up to date. Back end changes on the software can cause some random issues with outdated apps.

Also, have you tried another device to see if you're seeing the same problems? It's a great troubleshooting step to see where the problem lies.

You may also want to look into the Square Photo Studio app. It allows you to do more photo formatting including background removal and links directly to your account. You can create and modify items directly from the Photo Studio app.

Please keep us updated with troubleshooting steps and what the results are! We can continue to work together to solve this problem.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2