x
Square Champion

Show Loyalty Points

Is there a way to make the potential loyalty points show up while ringing up a customer? On Square free version it shows up while you are ringing up a customer, on Square for Retail it doesn’t show up.  Below is a photo hopefully explaining what I mean. This is on the free version of Square app POS. 

IMG_0577.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

@rtfulk Just adding something to your post.  Not only does Retail POS not show claimable points, neither does Restaurants POS.  Only the Standard POS does.  I’m guessing that the Square reply will be that this works “as designed,” rather than it being a bug or oversight.  I won’t go into my thoughts about things “working as designed.”  LOL

But I will tag a few moderators to have them determine if this is working as designed for Retail and Restaurants.  Still, it sounds like a feature request is in order, my friend!

@_Violet @JJ_ @MayaP 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

@TheRealChipA I agree, my thinking is Square for Retail should have everything that the standard POS has plus more. I have both installed, for the simple reason that some things are easier to do/change on the standard POS vs. the Retail POS.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @rtfulk and @TheRealChipA

I shared your feedback with our Retail team. I'm sorry I'm so late to this conversation.

When I initially brought this up to our Retail team, they explained this message showing potential points is part of a cart feature Retail had not yet adopted but was planning on adding in the future. 

Right now, it looks like this will be added in the next few months, but this feature is dependent on other cart functionalities that have not been migrated to Retail, so the team doesn't have a date set in stone yet. 

I appreciate you bringing this up and understand that it would be useful to have this feature.

Even though I don't have a specific timeline here, I wanted to let you know this is on our radar. 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

Message 5 of 5