x
Beta Member

Reporting: Using custom attributes

Can you use custom attributes created at the item level for filters in reports as well can you use custom attributes when creating custom reports?

If so please help me find these options, if not why do we have custom attributes?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ZaraJo

Right now, tracking custom attributes with our reporting software is not a feature that is available. However, a fellow seller posted this workaround in this thread on our Feature Request board. Feel free to add any additional comments to this board as well. Our product teams review them often. 

@gemcityjunction says "I did figure out a little hack about this.  I made category rollups as the GL code (401 Drinks, 403 Food, etc) and then just put each item in it's proper category and category roll up.  For example, we sell coffee and non-coffee drinks.  They are in different categories for web display, but in the same rollup for bookkeeper accounting as she is able to do reporting on the category rollups.  This is a hack way to do it, but it works.  The problem is that it wouldn't allow somebody to take advantage of multiple categories for each item, unless the secondary category were not part of a rollup."

I hope this helps! 

Message 2 of 2