x
Beta Member

Inventory tracking .... Loss damage, other... Where is this report?

hi.

I wave recently closed up for the year and I am wondering where would I find a report for loss or damage etc? there has to be accounting of this for tax purposes. Since I have put in a loss for some of the tree's there has to be some where where I can see this loss report.

Message 1 of 25
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@oprego ;

Square Dashboard dashboard/ -  Items (From the left) - Inventory Management (to open Drop Down) -   History 

Then in this screen along the top you need to open the Adjustment Type and choose the ones that are a loss type. 

Square gives you more selections when you are decreasing inventory because of Loss, Damage, Theft etc but does not show that all here for some reason.   You can not export the file for some unknow reason which I think is dumb since if I run it for a year, I can not sort it and get it in any format that is easy to understand, or get a calculation of your total loss for the year from what I am seeing.

But I can see the report and then write everything down to add them up but cant tell how many of Item A was stolen in a year.  It lists everything that was lost and on which day or days the item were lost.   So if Item A was Lost in Dec, Aug and May..... It would be hard to tell from this report that 3 were lost throughout the year.   But I can see I lost 1 on dec 15th 2022  at 1:25 pm for example....  That is not when it was lost, just when we Noticed it was missing.  

If we could export this to a csv file I could sort it my Item Name, types of loss, SKU, GTIN or other fields to see which item or types of items were broken or missing etc.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

I am having the exact same issue. The Inventory management does not exist. Did you ever figure it out? 

Message 22 of 25

This is so frustrating, looking through thread, this has been a reported issue since sometime in 2021.

The development team should know that if you are providing the ability to track a datapoint (ie inventory theft or damage) then there should be a corresponding way to retrieve, export and review said datapoints.

Some of us require this data to run our businesses.  After 3 years of it being requested, is it even being worked on?

Message 23 of 25

To the development team....is there any way possible to get a loss report for my records?  I really do not feel like paying $89.00 per month for a one page report because I made a donation of items to a charity.

Thank you

Nancy

Message 24 of 25

So.....if we report something as theft or damage or loss, it just disappears into the netherworld? Come on, Square! Why would it make any sense to have that as a datapoint and then not have a way to track that for tax accounting at the end of the year? How can I pull up this information after I make those changes?
Thank you!

Message 25 of 25