x

Cash payments on House Account

Is there a way to take a cash payment on a house account balance? My customer gave me cash to pay the balance and I can't figure out a way to do this transaction.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @loonsfoot.  Since the house accounts feature uses Square Invoices, you can do anything that is available to regular invoices.  Here’s a link to a Square help document about house accounts.  If you follow that link, then click on the help topic I’ve circled in red, it explains how to post a manual payment of any type to an existing house account invoice.  I hope that helps.

IMG_5262.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4

please update your guide. it doesn't work to take a manual payment. there is no Record payment

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @fishinglakes 👋

It looks like the help article has been updated since your initial post in May and no longer looks like the screenshot Chip kindly shared above, but the steps are still the same. 

To record a cash payment on an Invoice: 

1. Sign in to your Square Dashboard and click Payments > Invoices > Invoices. 2. There are three ways to mark an invoice as paid from the dashboard:
    a. Next to the invoice, click (•••) > Mark as paid.
    b. Click into the invoice and click More > Mark as paid.
    c. Click into the invoice and scroll down to Payments and click Mark as paid.
  2. Confirm the amount, the payment method, and an optional customer and personal note.
  3. Click Save.

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4