x

An item option set can have a maximum of 250 options. Remove additional options from option set Colo

Hello,

I am new to square retail. Migrating from an old system and I am trying to upload my products. I keep getting the error message "An item option set can have a maximum of 250 options. Remove additional options from option set Color." What is this? What is the work around? This is a clothing store so there will be 1000s of color variations, I can't be limited to just 250.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@bss2024 ;

As I see this is your 1st post to the Sellers community forum I welcome you here.

Now to get around the 250 Option Set variation Limit.

You could create Option Sets by Color (since you used that as an Example)

So this way you could have Red option Set and 250 colors of RED variations, a Blue Option Set would give you another 250 and so on.   You can apply more than one option set to an item but I am not sure where Square has limits for Items to sell online if you have an Online store through Square.

You might have to create Red (clothing Items) and then have the Variations of Reds listed here, Blue (clothing item) Variations of only Blue there.

Having Dress shirt with 2500 variations would get too much to scroll or select as a customer in my opinion.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

@bss2024 ;

As I see this is your 1st post to the Sellers community forum I welcome you here.

Now to get around the 250 Option Set variation Limit.

You could create Option Sets by Color (since you used that as an Example)

So this way you could have Red option Set and 250 colors of RED variations, a Blue Option Set would give you another 250 and so on.   You can apply more than one option set to an item but I am not sure where Square has limits for Items to sell online if you have an Online store through Square.

You might have to create Red (clothing Items) and then have the Variations of Reds listed here, Blue (clothing item) Variations of only Blue there.

Having Dress shirt with 2500 variations would get too much to scroll or select as a customer in my opinion.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 5

That's not a good solution at all. The system needs to allow many more than 250 variations of a product. Work-arounds are not an option -- they cause too many manual man-hours.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TSSworkwear, thanks for reaching out with your feedback! 

At this time this would be a feature request. I suggest submitting your request to ourIdeate Board. For now, @CANDLESTORE's workaround will need to be used. I am sorry for any inconvenience! 

MayaP
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 4 of 5

@MayaP This solution doesn't really help. I'm getting an error that only 125 variants are allowed to be displayed on the Online site.

How do we get around this 125 limit without having to create 10 copies of the same item?

In my case I sell these Wheel Donut stickers.
The product would have the following options:

Version : V1 or V2

Wheel Size : currently 5 options

Color: currently 74 options

PS: We're setting up Options instead of Modifiers because Modifiers don't get sync'd to Meta Stores through your integration.

Message 5 of 5