x

Is it possible to make items show as Visible, but not currently available, ie Coming Soon?

Is it possible to make items show as Visible, but not currently available, ie Coming Soon or Available in Store?

I sell pottery and sometimes items are put up for sale on the shop shelves, and so I can't have it available online since it might be sold in the shop. But I would still like it to be available on the site for people to see so they know to visit the shop or request a similar item.

I've tried adding another Category called In Store, but right now they can only show "Out of Stock", and I can't list what shop they are in because I can only have one Item List on the Category page.

Could you please make an option called 'Visible but Unavailable' that is visible on the site but not available for purchase. Could you please include a customizable option to add a note like "Coming June 15" or "Available at Store XX"

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @shammell ๐Ÿ‘‹

For these items that are coming soon or available in-store, do you need your customers to pay online beforehand? 

If you don't need to receive payment before the customer shows up to pick up the item, you can simply post pictures of the items on a different page on your website, adding a description that explains those items are not available to order online. 

If you want them to appear alongside the rest of your items, the only option to make them "unavailable" at this time is to set the stock to 0.

You can turn off the "out of stock" indicator on your items by going to Square Online Dashboard > Items > Item Preferences > Edit Item Statuses > toggle off out-of-stock indicator.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you. 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2