x
Square Champion

Square Kiosk

Hey there! I was trying to set up the square kiosk that is now showing available under device manager. However there seems to be no app in the app store for this. Anyone have any insight as to how to use this or what's going on? I called support and they know nothing about it. 

Jacob - He/ Him
JJs Meat Shak - Co-Owner& Operations Manager
Supper Seller- Here to help! Just Ask!
http://www.jjsmeatshak.com
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @jjsmeatshak1 and @Tallulahs, thank you for your patience on this! It sounds like the issues you were having with downloading the Square Kiosk app have been resolved. If you are still running into any problem with accessing this Beta, you can reach out to our Beta Team in the Beta Community directly https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Beta-Seller-Community/ct-p/Beta-Seller-Community-Global

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Champion

@jjsmeatshak1 ;

When I google Square Kiosk here is what I got:

https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace/collections/kiosk 

Since I do not have the self checkout or a Kiosk, from my quick reading you would need a 3rd party integration from the link I attached.

Square would only have the regular POS app that you would have to log in and restrict with a bunch of restrictions so people can not apply discounts etc.  Make SelfCheckout and assign this as a login in to log in the Kiosk.  The set Self checkout with very minimal abilities.  That would be the only way I know of through Square without one of the above Kiosk integrations.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 12
Beta Member

I am having the same issues. I just saw today on my dashboard square is having a beta testing for the kiosk. I currently use a 3rd party kiosk that square recommends it is called Kyoo. I use it with an Ipad to allow guests to self check out items from a store. I believe that is what @jjsmeatshak1 is explaining in there response

In regards to the new Beta testing square is offering...

Basically yes in the dashboard -> Device management -> Kiosk 

I went through the steps to set up a kiosk and towards the end it explained I needed to download the TestFlight app. This can be downloaded through the app store which I did. From there the dashboard says the next step is to follow the instruction on the TestFlight app and download the Square kiosk Beta app. 

I am hitting the wall at when I open the Testflight app it says "Before you can start testing, a developer has to invite you to test one of their TestFlight apps. To accept an invite, tap on the link in the email or ender invitation redeem code." I am not getting any emails or a redemption code. I was able to download the Testflight app on my phone and somehow got in with no code and the Beta Kiosk app is there but it says iPad Only Apps

I have been bounced around on squares support line, no one seems to know what I am talking about or have the ability to help. If anyone is having the same issues let me know! Hope this little explanation is helpful to anyone!

Message 3 of 12
Square Champion

YES! This is what is happening to me! I was just on a call and there are some folks working on figuring what happening. 

Jacob - He/ Him
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

It somehow ended up working for me! I was able to download the Beta Kiosk app on my iPad. I wish I knew what changed. I never got an email with a code or anything like that.

On the dashboard Device Management -> Kiosk -> Download the Kiosk app (view instructions) here you will see a link that states the steps to getting the TestFlight app etc. I sent that to the iPad and opened it via google after having downloaded the TestFlight app and for some reason it over rid the needing of the code and directly brought up to download the Beta Kiosk app.  

The Link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/SVkYATLk

Since downloading the app I am now having an issue with items not being shown. Only 3 of my 7 categories are there and 5 of my 100+ items are there. I have gone through every item/ category toggling on and off if they are shown on the kiosk. 

I hope you are able to get the beta app!! It definitely seems to be very early stages and will be a constant road of giving feed back. But excited to venture this journey with you all!

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there @jjsmeatshak1 and @Tallulahs, thank you for your patience on this! It sounds like the issues you were having with downloading the Square Kiosk app have been resolved. If you are still running into any problem with accessing this Beta, you can reach out to our Beta Team in the Beta Community directly https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Beta-Seller-Community/ct-p/Beta-Seller-Community-Global

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

I am just setting up my kiosks and I am having the same issue. Some categories and items are not showing up after toggling them on to the kiosk. Has there been a fix for this? What is it?

Message 7 of 12
Square Champion

Yes! You need to call support and speak with the Online team. They need to re-sync your items. I will tell you that it can take up to 30 mins for reflections to happen on the kiosks. Im sure this is being fixed but just FYI 

Jacob - He/ Him
Message 8 of 12

Shortly after posting this, I reset the device code and logged in again and it was updated. I don't know if that is what did it or just the amount of time that passed coincidentally. 

Message 9 of 12

Well now, no matter what location I select, all the kiosks use the same location as each other. I am trying to make 2 separate kiosks, one for one location, and one for a different location, and they are both using the same location's item library!

Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

I'm interested in testing out the kiosk, but I get a message saying I need to be "updated to the latest Categories experience." Is this only for a few select people, and will this be available for everyone soon?

Message 11 of 12

Same issue here.

"Kiosk is currently not available

To use Square Kiosk, your account needs to be updated to the latest Categories experience. Your account currently is not eligible for the new Categories experience. We’re working quickly to make this available more widely, so you can start using Kiosk soon."

Message 12 of 12