x
Beta Member

Square KDS order clearing

I currently use Fresh KDS, but I'm running into some instability issues, so I tried Square KDS. My biggest hurdle is that it seems to clear orders at other stations when I clear an order at one of them. We are a sandwich/espresso shop with two very distinct prep areas. I want both sides to see the other's orders so they can understand what the other's working on, and to know if they each have items in the same order, however, in Square KDS when I'm done and clear the ticket from one station, it clears it at the other automatically. Can someone confirm that this is the only way Square KDS works? or let me know how to change it? If so, it will not work for me. Thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @TheCupandMuffin - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I reached out to the Square KDS Product Team to confirm. They let me know that the ability to clear an order on one single device without clearing it from the others is currently unavailable. However, they did mention this is something their team is currently working on and they expect to have a Beta starting at the end of this year but no exact ETA yet.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Best Answer

Hi @TheCupandMuffin - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I reached out to the Square KDS Product Team to confirm. They let me know that the ability to clear an order on one single device without clearing it from the others is currently unavailable. However, they did mention this is something their team is currently working on and they expect to have a Beta starting at the end of this year but no exact ETA yet.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Do you know if it's possible now to clear an order on one single device without clearing it from the others?

Message 3 of 5

Hey there @unclegspizza1

At this time, Square KDS is location-based and not device-based. For that reason, any changes done on the KDS of one location will propagate to any other screen currently connected to the same Location. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I also use FreshKDS and have slowly been able to switch to SquareKDS. Its finally here! SOOO much nicer to not treat a KDS as an external printer.

Message 5 of 5