x

How can I track ingredients ?

I am starting a small bakery/creamery. In the mornings I want to sell breakfast sandwiches like bacon/sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. How do I set up my inventory so each time I sell a sandwich square inventory will remove each item on the sandwich from inventory? Say I have 15 eggs and 20 sausage patties and 30 biscuits in stock, I sell one breakfast sandwich so I want inventory to show 14 eggs, 19 sausage patties and 29 biscuits after the sale. Is that possible??

The title of this thread has been edited from the original to make it more accessible to other sellers with similar queries: Help

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @zach2520, thanks for posting !

We currently don't have a feature that lets you track ingredients. However, it's on the roadmap ! While I can't confirm when it'll be released, I suggest joining the Beta Community to test this.

As @JK_Fiber_Art mentioned, Square partners with a few APIs that could help you manage your inventory. You'll find the list on our App Marketplace.

I also see some sellers have responded to your other post, and recommended joining the current Beta testing for Combos. Hopefully other bakery owners can share their experience with you as well.

I hope all this helps, but feel free to reach out if you have further questions. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Hi Zach2520,

You may be able to do what you have in mind - check out this info.  Note, it looks like there is an additional fee (subscription) for this feature.  There's also a 3rd party app that intended for Food Service.  (Just another possible option.)   Perhaps some other volunteer Community Members have thoughts or suggestions.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @zach2520, thanks for posting !

We currently don't have a feature that lets you track ingredients. However, it's on the roadmap ! While I can't confirm when it'll be released, I suggest joining the Beta Community to test this.

As @JK_Fiber_Art mentioned, Square partners with a few APIs that could help you manage your inventory. You'll find the list on our App Marketplace.

I also see some sellers have responded to your other post, and recommended joining the current Beta testing for Combos. Hopefully other bakery owners can share their experience with you as well.

I hope all this helps, but feel free to reach out if you have further questions. 

Message 3 of 3