x
Beta Member

Performance Issue: Square Services Disruption 7 Sept, 2023

[The title of this post was updated by a moderator from "IS SQUARE DOWN, EVERYWHERE?"]

The Square Support Line says..."you have reached us during an unexpected closure..."  Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Message 1 of 101
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience as our team worked to resolve this issue and our sincere apology for the disruption to your business this outage caused. I want to follow up and confirm that the disruption impacting Square services have been resolved.

You should all have received a follow-up email from us with update on last week's outage but if you are not seeing it yet, you can also find the update on our website

If you haven't yet already, I recommend bookmarking issquareup.com — this is the best way to check if there's any current outage.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 101 of 101
100 REPLIES 100

During the Times Square was down yesterday processed off-line payments. How do you get those to transfer to the bank?

Message 43 of 101

During the outage I went offline to put through cc sales. My sales report now is missing around $800 in sales. I took pics of my POS transaction totals. When is this going to be resolved and how do we know we are going to get our sales?

Message 44 of 101
Beta Member

Following...this terrifies me, too. 

Message 45 of 101

I took pics and have my offline total. If Square doesn’t resolve it I am gone and so are my half a million in sales.

Message 46 of 101

I took pictures too - just in case!

Message 47 of 101
Beta Member

It appears all the cash transactions uploaded. Now we are waiting on the CC transactions.  I would guess (hope) these will upload shortly as square gets things up and running smoothly!

Message 48 of 101

Let's organize a class-action. Square always collect their fees upfront and on time, but I keep losing thousands in revenue due to squares bad product. Something is terribly wrong with this picture.

Message 49 of 101

Transaction didn't show

Message 50 of 101

I was able to disconnect the internet on my register and enable the Offline Mode to accept payments. According to the Square website, offline payments are processed automatically when you reconnect your device to the internet and may be declined if not processed within 24 hours. Given the significant downtime, what if the issue isn't resolved within that timeframe? Should I consider suggesting to my customers that they bring cash? This is rather inconvenient, especially since Fridays are very busy for restaurants.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7777-process-card-payments-with-offline-mode# 

Message 51 of 101

How do I get help over the phone, are they closed at this time (1:56PM CT).

I can't run a card, but did do an offline transaction.  How do I know when it goes through?  Is there a specific term alongside the dollar amount that flags that it hasn't been run through?  Right now it says Custom Amount in the Transactions tab.  What does that mean?

Thanks for any responses.

Message 52 of 101

Something is wrong on their end...I can't get through either.  

Message 53 of 101

in offline  mode, your pos  will save information of  the transaction and send it later when your  pos can connect to  server. However, it has chance that the transaction will  be declined or missing  and  Square does not help to recover that. It is bad :(((

Message 54 of 101
Square Champion

I have a lot of these in transactions. Do I have charge each one, or is this something from offline mode Square will pick up? I don't want to double charge customers.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 9.10.30 AM.png

Message 55 of 101
Square Champion

All of these have now been processed without selecting the charge button. My suggestion is to just wait and give Square some time to catch up.

Message 56 of 101

Not attached to this outage .. I had this happen three weeks ago when my reader died in the middle of the transaction. The customer received an email immediately but I didn't get paid until it showed up in my back office like this.  I accepted the transaction and it paid me and charged the customer as of the day I selected charge.  The customer was NOT charged twice, so you should be okay .. 

Message 57 of 101

How do we handle transaction adjustments for tipping for items completed in offline?  We are a small business and our staff depend on the tips.  We will make sure they are paid to the staff, but how do WE recover the funds?

Message 58 of 101

We have some offline transactions that still  have not cleared, as it appears other people also have. My question is, Square policy says that offline transactions not processed within 24 hours may be declined. Since this is an extraordinary circumstance, is there still a chance of transactions being declined if this takes more than 24 hours?

Message 59 of 101
Admin

It is confirmed that the disruption impacting Square services has been resolved. Please be aware that you may encounter delays in the updating of certain products/services.  Visit our Status Page for details and additional updates.

️ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 60 of 101
Beta Member

The status page doesn't say anything about the Square Online part of the dashboard, but I can't get to it currently. Clicking the Online button in the menu is supposed to go to https://squareup.com/dashboard/sites/ but it just redirects back to https://squareup.com/dashboard/

Message 61 of 101
Square Champion

@cbstlthere still could be some residual backlog in getting user systems operational. I am getting the same action on my dashboard; I'm not able to access my online website. I'm waiting a bit later and try again and hope this will resolve itself.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 62 of 101

It seems everything is operating now except for navigation to online from my dashboard.  When I click on it, it just reloads the home page.

Message 63 of 101