x
Beta Member

Performance Issue: Square Services Disruption 7 Sept, 2023

[The title of this post was updated by a moderator from "IS SQUARE DOWN, EVERYWHERE?"]

The Square Support Line says..."you have reached us during an unexpected closure..."  Anyone have an idea what is going on?

Message 1 of 101
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience as our team worked to resolve this issue and our sincere apology for the disruption to your business this outage caused. I want to follow up and confirm that the disruption impacting Square services have been resolved.

You should all have received a follow-up email from us with update on last week's outage but if you are not seeing it yet, you can also find the update on our website

If you haven't yet already, I recommend bookmarking issquareup.com — this is the best way to check if there's any current outage.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 101 of 101
100 REPLIES 100

I've only had 1 offline sale out of 8 show up.  Was able to process the 1, but the other 7 haven't shown up. 

I'm hoping they eventually will.

Message 85 of 101
Beta Member

Same issue.  Offline not showing up then I see several on the dashboard under transactions that say they didn't process. We had to use offline mode for customers already in the restaurant. Looking forward to hearing how to resolve.

Message 86 of 101

During Square's major meltdown yesterday (September 7), we ran 13 transactions offline. They haven't cleared this morning, even though we can now run credit cards and most other things seem to be working. The POS says that they'll run when we are connected to the Internet again, but we are connected now and running transactions, and they're still not updating.

Anyone else having this issue? I'm assuming/hoping it'll clear when the systems are fully operational but was wondering.

Message 87 of 101

We are having the same issue! Please keep us updated on what happens with yours

Message 88 of 101

Absolutely - will do!

Message 89 of 101
Beta Member

Is there a limit till offline transactions 

Message 90 of 101

I don't know - but we've never had an issue with offline transactions not clearing immediately after reconnecting. But this is a major disruption!

Message 91 of 101
Beta Member

We are having the same issue

Message 92 of 101
Beta Member

Now that square is up and running it is processing my offline payments.  But has declined 4 of them for an unknown reason.  Any idea if Square will try and reprocess failed payments since this issue was on their side of the POS?  

Message 93 of 101

My team ran credit cards in offline mode when square was down. How do we charge those cards now? 

Message 94 of 101

When we were on the terminal we saw the pending offline credit card sales but now they are gone and we are connected to the internet and I do not see those sales. This was during the square issue yesterday and it was over $1k in sales for my small business. What can I do??

Message 95 of 101

Same here

Message 96 of 101

MY UPDATE: as of 8:18 am CDT, of my 13 offline transactions yesterday afternoon, 2 have showed up as transactions in yesterday's totals, 9 are still listed as offline, and there are 2 that aren't in either place (yet). I'm assuming they're slowly migrating but I took photos of all 13 yesterday and will make sure they all transition over.

Message 97 of 101

wish we had taken photos!  😖

Message 98 of 101

Where can you view them as offline?

Message 99 of 101
Beta Member

I wasn't able to go to the salon myself that day, but my wife (not technically knowledgeable) and one of the salon employees tried to get Square Terminal into offline mode several times, but were unsuccessful. I plan to try it today. Have to check out what happened to the ethernet connection anyway, as its disconnected.

I also plan to have a Paypal account for backup in case this happens again. Paypal charges more per transaction but better than losing all the $$.

Message 100 of 101
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you for your patience as our team worked to resolve this issue and our sincere apology for the disruption to your business this outage caused. I want to follow up and confirm that the disruption impacting Square services have been resolved.

You should all have received a follow-up email from us with update on last week's outage but if you are not seeing it yet, you can also find the update on our website

If you haven't yet already, I recommend bookmarking issquareup.com — this is the best way to check if there's any current outage.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 101 of 101