x

Suggestion to Square for reporting Gift Card load fees.

I don't know if this will get to anybody who can do anything about it, but since Square has recently started charging a load fee for Gift cards this issue as reared its head. 

'Gift Card load fees are not included in the daily sales report'

This is a problem in that I must now look up every day to see if any gift cards sold that day, then calculate (or run the Gift Card report) separately for that day to see what the fees are, then subtract this from the Net Total Amount to get what is actually deposited in the bank. If this was an additional line item on the daily sales report and automatically calculated into the Net Total Amount it would be tremendous and a great time saver.

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Champion

This has come up as an issue multiple times and seems odd that it wasn't taken into consideration that deducting money should be on the daily report.

Message 2 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thank you both for posting about this. I have reached out to the team, and we will post an update here when we have more information to share. 

Message 3 of 8
Square Champion

@BernadetteA ;

There should be some report somewhere or a Downloadable csv as a Square user was trying to Reconcile Bank Statements and Square deposits were off from their calculations.  I did calculations on their example to find out its most likely because there is no where that shows these load fees.  I have not sold any Gift Cards since the new Load fee has be enabled and will wait to this is all sorted out.  Here is a Link in the forum about this : Square-for-Restaurants/tranfers-not-maching-reports/m-p/720444#M8359 

From this persons statements the Load Fee is not even in the Square Fees  to figure out a check and balance on what should be deposited by Square to our bank accounts.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting that link, @CANDLESTORE

Not sure how I missed this notification initially, but I'm going to sync with MayaP since she also put out an internal request for more information. 

Message 5 of 8

BernadetteA, is there any update for this issue? This does seem like a huge oversight that a new fee has been added for loading of gift cards but that that item was not added to the Daily Sales Report. As others have stated here, it takes cross checking with a separate report to reconcile our books. 

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I have run into this issue as well. We don't sell enough gift cards to make it terrible, but it does take time to look up the gift card load fees when they should be added to the sales summary in some form. The first time it happened it took me awhile to figure out why our deposit was off.

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

I do the books for several companies that use Square, and it's a bit of a hassle to look through each day to see whether gift cards were sold, and then go to the deposit for that day to check the fees. I don't see it on any of the transaction reports either, the balance screen is the only place I've found them.

Message 8 of 8