x

no more auto total for declared tips

I subscribe to the "shifts plus" for time management with square. I noticed last week when I went to print my employee time report that there is no longer a drop down under declared tips that totals them. now I have to hand count all of each of my employees declared tips. I looked in settings but couldn't find a way to get this back. very frustrating as this takes quite a bit of time now : ( am I missing this setting?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Liveoakcafe,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'd be happy to take a closer look at this with our team.

For my own understanding, are you referring to option to export your Timecards reports from your online Square Dashboard?

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I am not exporting this I am just viewing it to use for payroll ( I do not use square for payroll ) this is under the "labor and tips" section in Shifts. when I select an employee to check their hours and info for the pay period there are totals at the top : regular hours, overtime hours, double-time hours, paid hours, tips earned and total labor cost. the "total labor cost is colored blue and you can click on it which yields a breakdown of hours worked in each positions. the "tips earned" heading used to be blue and clickable and it would show a breakdown of credit card tips and declared tips. Now I am not able to select this at all. It is totaling both credit card tips as well as declared tips, we only use the declared tips for reporting on payroll so I need those separated. I took a screen shot but am not sure how to upload it here. I hope that helps to clarify.

thanks!

Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much for clarifying. A screenshot would be helpful to fully grasp your request so we can provide you with the most accurate information.

To upload a screenshot, please select the camera icon when you are replying to this thread.

I look forward to your reply.

Message 4 of 7

red circle is where previously I could click and get a breakdown of where the tips where coming from like the heading in the  green circle.red circle is where previously I could click and get a breakdown of where the tips where coming from like the heading in the green circle.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for providing this screenshot, @Liveoakcafe!

We've escalated this to our team for additional support and once we receive an update, we'll come back to you here with some more information. 

Thanks for your patience while we look into this for you.

Laurie
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Liveoakcafe,

Thanks for your patience while I got back to you here!

The advice I received from my team was that the issue you've raised will need to be investigated with our Support Team, as there are several factors that could be contributing to this change on your Square Dashboard.

When you get a chance, you can reach out to our team at 1-855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time, Monday - Friday.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here: squ.re/contactsqsupport.

Laurie
Message 7 of 7