x

Setting blocks for clock ins

How do I block employees from clocking in early from 30 minute lunch breaks? I see the "Block early and unscheduled clock-ins" option but not understanding the "Allow within (minutes)" function.

Thanks!

Stan

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @sweightmanjr

I'm not sure if I understand your question.

However, in the Getting Started guide for Square Shifts, you will find a section titled "Review and Set Your Overtime and Breaks" That will show you how to prevent unwanted clock-ins.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi JJ,

Here's where I have a question:

sweightmanjr_0-1701392472977.png

I try to just toggle on "Block ending breaks early" but am required to enter a time in the "Allow within (minutes)" field. I want our employees to be unable to clock in until they've taken a full 30 minute lunch - longer is ok, just not shorter. What number do I put in to configure correctly? I've tried a number of options, none actually prevent early clock-ins.

Thanks!

Stan

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

In this case, the minutes correspond to the tolerance level to clock in early. If you have zero tolerance to clock in before the 30 minutes then you can set this to 0. This will prevent your team from clocking in before the set break time has passed.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I had tried exactly this several times, but whenever I entered "0", it wouldn't allow me to save. After reading your note, I tried again, and it somehow worked. Hurray! But now, the system is requiring a supervisor login each time they try to clock in at the beginning of the day. Help!

Message 5 of 5