x

EIN for DBA

I have two Square accounts for my two businesses. The second business is a DBA of the first. As its a DBA it has the same EIN number as the first. Square will not let me run payroll since I have two accounts using the same EIN. I have spoken to my CPA and he advises to not get a second EIN for the DBA.

Is there any way around this limitation with Square?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

The only workaround I could possibly recommend would be to add the second business as a second Location for your Square account. 

https://squareup.com/dashboard/locations

Technically if your second business is a DBA from the first business and has the same EIN number it is the same company for all intents and purposes. 

Did Square let you set up a second account with the same EIN? You could always use an outside payroll supplier for the second account.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

@dolfloral Have you thought about just setting up the DBA as a 2nd location under 1 square account?  That makes more functional sense to me since it is 1 business.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 3