x

Canadian Business use Independent Contractor Payroll for American Contractors?

I'm a Canadian company with a US bank account, who will be hiring American Independent Contractors. 

Can I use Square Payroll to pay and complete US tax forms for US contractors, if I get a TIN & EIN from the IRS?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Revelry, and Welcome to the Seller Community! 

At this time, Square Payroll is only available for US Sellers. If you can create a US Square Account you will be able to apply to use Square Payroll for your company. Otherwise, this would be considered a feature request.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Ok, I'll delete this account then as it was the main reason to sign up. I'm sure I can't sign up to an American account without a US address. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Revelry - Violet here stepping in for JJ.

Federal law requires that all financial institutions verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.

The following information is required to activate a US Square account:

• Full legal name

• Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

• Date of birth: Current credit card regulations require our customers to be 18 years of age or older to create a Square account.

• US home mailing address

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 4 of 4