x

"Open Drawer" shortcut on Square Register no longer working

Hello all,

I just updated to the latest OS/App version (OS: 5.41.0088 / App: 6.31) today (02 DEC 2023) and while I have a shortcut on the POS layout (currently set up with Square for Restaurants) it is now grayed out. I've tried editing my layout in the dashboard and adding the function back, but with no success. I can still open the drawer by selecting Actions > Open Drawer but that's it.

I'm looking to see if there's a work around or if anyone knows why Square suddenly changed my access as the business owner. While this isn't a dire issue it is frustrating for a restaurant to need to spend the extra time accessing the drawer whilst dealing with customers.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @ThiIsMyFateNow 

I am sorry to hear about this experience. This is something you will want to report to our Restaurants team on Monday, so they can take a closer look. In the meantime, I would recommend rebooting and/or factory resetting your Square Register at the end of the day (it may take some time to set everything back up) as most of the time this addresses weird behaviors.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2