x

USB Cash Drawer opens after slight delay

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "USB Cash Drawer opens with a 4-5 second delay all of a sudden??"

As of yesterday, for some reason, there is a delay opening the drawer by 4-5 seconds after cash transactions. There must have been a new update that pushed this new behavior through (there's also a new alert that says "transaction recorded.").

4-5 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, but this is majorly slowing us down. We crush through cash orders in a rush. Can we please go back to the old behavior where you hit the cash button and BAM the drawer opens right up?

Hitting "open drawer" still happens immediately. It's only when you input a cash transaction that there's a 4-5 second delay.

Message 1 of 258
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: USB Cash Drawer opens after slight delay

Hello,

I finally do have an update for you guys. Our team is issuing a fix, 6.31 and that should be available on 12/15/23. If for some reason anything changes with the release date we will make sure to let you guys know. I know this is not ideal with the holiday season coming up and apologize for the huge inconvenience.  I cannot thank you guys enough for your tenacity and continued patience while we address this. 🙏

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I have spoken with the engineers and they plan to release 6.31 to address the issue on 11/30/2023. Thank you for all your patience! 

View Best Answer >

Message 121 of 258
257 REPLIES 257
Square Champion

6.44.1 (6441001) on a Square Stand version 1 seems to work again, for how long?   Putting version number from About section will let others know which versions seem to work and which ones do not.  As I have seen reports of Updates but none are showing in my systems. Then when I use Play Store or Apple Store it shows a Update is available so I forced the update.  No Notifications of an update tho in the Square About area or in Notifications.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 253 of 258

Roller coaster ride.... it's fixed again as of this morning! @MayaP ! Woo hoo!

Weirdly the version is still 6.44 on my "about Square Register page." Same as yesterday when it was broken. BUT, also, the check out screen has visually updated (a whole new layout when you hit "charge") so there definitely was some kind of update. Weird!

Message 254 of 258

I can also confirm this morning, that the cash drawer is opening prior to db sync on 6.44. Now if we can figure out how to get item entry speed back to where it was, I won't have any more gripes...

Message 255 of 258
Square Community Moderator

Hey @justsportsmans we can get take a further look into this! I will ask you to post this separately so we can keep this thread strictly for the cash drawer delay. Thank you! 

Message 256 of 258

I worked in IT for 25+ years prior to opening my own Ice Cream Shoppe.  Someone in the IT development and/or QA department should be losing their job for this.  For an IT technology company, this is insane.

Message 257 of 258

I've also worked in IT, and have done software testing. I don't understand how this issue is going on this long unless all they are focusing on is getting new customers and all of the other features/services they now offer (like loans/banking, etc). Was there an ownership change when they changed the company name to Block? Hmmm.

P.S., somehow the issue with cash payments is resolved for me, but I still get notifications for this feed, and it absolutely blows my mind that it is not resolved! However, CC payments were slow a couple weeks back.

Message 258 of 258