x

What Square products best fits my needs?

Dear Square Advisors,
I run a floral business and am looking to set up my store with Square. I have a few specific requirements and would appreciate your recommendations, as well as some clarification on transaction fees and fraud prevention:

1) For walk-in customers, I’d like to display a menu of products on a device (such as an iPad with a Square Stand). Customers should be able to browse and select products via an app or website on the device, and after I confirm their order, they can pay on the same device. Do you think this kind of setup will be enough? Could you advise if I need a specific Square app for this functionality, and whether there is a monthly subscription required? Additionally, what are the transaction fees for payments processed this way?

2) For phone orders, I’d like to create an order on the device and process the payment using a key entry for the customer’s card information. Would creating an order this way incur the key entry transaction fee, or could it be considered an online order if I create it as a web order(pretending like I am a customer)? I’m trying to understand if there is a way to avoid the higher key entry rate, and what the transaction fees would be in either case.

3) For my website, I plan to build a website through Square with an integrated shopping cart using Square. Is there a specific subscription plan for a Square website, and if so, what is the monthly payment? I want to create a fully operable website that can be displayed on Google, marketplaces, and social media platforms, mobile version. What are the transaction fees for online payments made through the website?

Additionally, what measures does Square have in place to protect against fraud for online orders? If a customer after receiving a product disputes (saying that it was not him, who placed an order) a transaction in a couple of days, how does Square handle the dispute, and what protections are available for my business in such cases?

Thank you for your assistance in recommending the most suitable products (what other similar businesses use) and providing detailed information about associated transaction fees, subscription plans, and fraud prevention measures.

Best regards, Nick

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @BlossomsOfEden! Welcome to the Community, we love seeing new faces here. 🙂 

To provide the most suitable recommendations for your walk-in customers and phone orders, could you please clarify the following:

Walk-In Customers

• Are your walk-in customers paying and taking their items immediately, or do they sometimes pay and request pickup or delivery at a later date?
  • If delivery is an option, do you use your own drivers or a third-party service?

Phone Orders

• Will customers be picking up their phone orders in-store, or will they also want their items delivered at times?

Regarding your other questions, please see below:

Square Online

• There are three Square Online plans available: Free, Plus, and Premium. I recommend checking out this page to view the features included in all plans and their pricing. This will help you determine whether the Free Plan will suit your needs, or if you’ll require a Paid Plus or Premium Plan.
  • When a customer makes a purchase through a Square Online Store, the fee is 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction. Learn more about Square’s payment processing fees here.

Fraud Protection

Square has robust measures in place to protect against fraud for online orders:

• Square Risk Manager: This tool helps you catch and manage online payments that pose a potential fraud risk. You can create rules that either decline a payment, trigger a risk alert, or invoke 3D Secure (3DS). Rules can be set based on various payment card conditions.
  • Square 3D Secure (3DS): This feature is available to all sellers using Risk Manager. It’s a standardized way to authenticate electronic card transactions. Enabling 3DS can help protect your business from fraud chargeback liability. When 3DS is enabled, customers may be required to verify that they are authorized to use the card making the purchase.
  • Learn more about Square's end to end payments security measures here.

Disputes Process

• While Square does not determine the outcome of a dispute (that decision lies with the card-issuing bank), our role during the disputes process is to help our sellers present a sound case for review. For a brief overview of how we support our sellers during this process, please refer to this article on our Support Center: Manage payment disputes.

Hope this helps! We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.
😊

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for reaching out, @BlossomsOfEden! Welcome to the Community, we love seeing new faces here. 🙂 

To provide the most suitable recommendations for your walk-in customers and phone orders, could you please clarify the following:

Walk-In Customers

• Are your walk-in customers paying and taking their items immediately, or do they sometimes pay and request pickup or delivery at a later date?
  • If delivery is an option, do you use your own drivers or a third-party service?

Phone Orders

• Will customers be picking up their phone orders in-store, or will they also want their items delivered at times?

Regarding your other questions, please see below:

Square Online

• There are three Square Online plans available: Free, Plus, and Premium. I recommend checking out this page to view the features included in all plans and their pricing. This will help you determine whether the Free Plan will suit your needs, or if you’ll require a Paid Plus or Premium Plan.
  • When a customer makes a purchase through a Square Online Store, the fee is 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction. Learn more about Square’s payment processing fees here.

Fraud Protection

Square has robust measures in place to protect against fraud for online orders:

• Square Risk Manager: This tool helps you catch and manage online payments that pose a potential fraud risk. You can create rules that either decline a payment, trigger a risk alert, or invoke 3D Secure (3DS). Rules can be set based on various payment card conditions.
  • Square 3D Secure (3DS): This feature is available to all sellers using Risk Manager. It’s a standardized way to authenticate electronic card transactions. Enabling 3DS can help protect your business from fraud chargeback liability. When 3DS is enabled, customers may be required to verify that they are authorized to use the card making the purchase.
  • Learn more about Square's end to end payments security measures here.

Disputes Process

• While Square does not determine the outcome of a dispute (that decision lies with the card-issuing bank), our role during the disputes process is to help our sellers present a sound case for review. For a brief overview of how we support our sellers during this process, please refer to this article on our Support Center: Manage payment disputes.

Hope this helps! We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.
😊

Message 2 of 4

Walk-in customers

Yes, they are paying immediately. Delivery is an option and we have our drivers.

Phone Orders

Both pick-up and delivery options are available

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

1000017437.jpg

@Katie_SQ said everything perfectly....I think for your walk-in customers with the Square Point of Sale App on your iPad you should be able to customize your favorites section to have everything they have the option of ordering, or they can view all items from the same screen. For your phone orders you can manually input the orders and mark them as in-store, pickup, or shipment or let them just order online.  I'm not sure about the delivery options because I don't use that, sorry.

Jacqueline Mull
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Owner of Uniquely U Anime

Message 4 of 4