x

Training Vidios For Retail POS, New Volunteers

I am the bookstore/gift shop manager for The Friends of the 500th at the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge in Canaan Valley, West Virginia.  CVNWR was the 500th wildlife refuge formed by the US.  We are all volunteers that run the shop, some on a seasonal basis and a few locals.  Needless to say, a lot of retired folks.  Training has become a challenge with the Square.  Folks ask me, "Don't you have videos or an instruction manual on the operation of the Square?"    My question to the group, does anyone have a handle on a video or videos that is basic for someone that will be a check-out clerk?  Everything that I have senn on Square goes into to much detail.  Please help!

Jim Triplett
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Jtrippy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us to ask about tutorial videos, I'd be happy to send some helpful resources your way! 😊

Firstly, please confirm the following so I can have a better understanding of the type of support you're looking for:

1. Please confirm the hardware (E.g. Square Reader) and app (E.g. Square Point of Sale) that your staff are currently using.
2. Are you looking for a video that just walks you through accepting a payment? Do you need additional steps, such as issuing refunds or connecting hardware?
3. Are there any specific pain points in the payment flow that your staff are struggling with (E.g. what point do you find most people get lost and need assistance)?

Once I hear back from you, I'll pull together some resources to help make the training experience more positive for your staff.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

We have reader and POS.  Would like for volunteers to know how to open, do sales and close.  Do you have a manual for that?

Linda

Message 3 of 3