How do I set up included tax on certain items

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Maybe I can help...

1. Access Your Square Dashboard:

2. Navigate to the Items Section:

• Go to the “Items” section in the left-hand menu.
  3. Create or Edit an Item:

• Either create a new item by clicking on “Create Item” or select an existing item you want to edit.
  4. Enable Tax Calculation:

• In the item details, scroll down to the "Taxes" section.
    • Check the box next to the tax rate you want to apply to the item. If you don’t have a tax rate set up yet, you can click on “Create Tax” to add a new tax rate.
  5. Set Tax to be Included in the Price:

• After selecting the appropriate tax rate, look for the option that says “Tax is included in item price” or similar. Check this box to indicate that the tax is included in the listed price of the item.
  6. Save Your Changes:

• Make sure to save the item after making these changes.
  7. Repeat for Other Items:

• Repeat these steps for any other items where you want the tax to be included in the price.

Creating a Tax Rate: If you need to create a new tax rate:

1. Go to Taxes:
    • From your Square Dashboard, navigate to “Account & Settings” and then “Business” and select “Sales Taxes.”
  2. Add a New Tax:
    • Click on “Create Tax,” enter the tax name, rate, and make sure to check the “Include tax in item price” option.

By following these steps, you can ensure that the tax is included in the price for specific items, providing clarity to your customers and simplifying your pricing structure.

I hope this helps! 🙂

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Maybe I can help...

1. Access Your Square Dashboard:

2. Navigate to the Items Section:

• Go to the “Items” section in the left-hand menu.
  3. Create or Edit an Item:

• Either create a new item by clicking on “Create Item” or select an existing item you want to edit.
  4. Enable Tax Calculation:

• In the item details, scroll down to the "Taxes" section.
    • Check the box next to the tax rate you want to apply to the item. If you don’t have a tax rate set up yet, you can click on “Create Tax” to add a new tax rate.
  5. Set Tax to be Included in the Price:

• After selecting the appropriate tax rate, look for the option that says “Tax is included in item price” or similar. Check this box to indicate that the tax is included in the listed price of the item.
  6. Save Your Changes:

• Make sure to save the item after making these changes.
  7. Repeat for Other Items:

• Repeat these steps for any other items where you want the tax to be included in the price.

Creating a Tax Rate: If you need to create a new tax rate:

1. Go to Taxes:
    • From your Square Dashboard, navigate to “Account & Settings” and then “Business” and select “Sales Taxes.”
  2. Add a New Tax:
    • Click on “Create Tax,” enter the tax name, rate, and make sure to check the “Include tax in item price” option.

By following these steps, you can ensure that the tax is included in the price for specific items, providing clarity to your customers and simplifying your pricing structure.

I hope this helps! 🙂

Message 2 of 2