x

Tap to pay..done vs approved

When using tap to pay, it says done after the transaction, but that doesn’t mean anything. Often times I’ve lost connection or for whatever reason it doesn’t let the payment go through. The person’s card is not declined. It’s just forgotten about. I run a catering business and it’s extremely fast pace. I have a line of people and they see done on the transaction and walk away and sometimes it takes a few seconds before it’s approved. How can I get rid of the done screen ? It doesn’t mean a **bleep** thing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi Ccf01,

I don't believe there's an option to change the verbiage response on the screen - it's a similar scenario with many things we run into.  For example, we would like to see "Sold Out" on items that we sell online, presently it says "Out of Stock".   As we sell one of a kind items, the "Out of Stock" implies that to customers that we will be getting more of the same soon.  So your logic is understandable.  You may want to submit a "Feature Request" to have the option you have in mind considered.  Suggestions get implemented when enough people request the same - sorry, can't say how many is enough or how long an idea takes to go live however, that's Square's process.

Message 2 of 2