x

POS has copied items after I edit them

I started out with a Square Online store and then I started selling through the POS at markets. I created items specifically to be sold over POS within my Items Library and in the new year, I edited those items with new prices. Somewhere along the way, POS has copied all of those edited items so now there are duplicates in the POS but NOT in the Items Library in my Dashboard nor in my Online store. In the POS, I am not able to delete these duplicated items and I cannot see them in the Dashboard.

Can someone help me figure out what happened and how to delete these duplicated items within the POS?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi BonnieBakeshop,

Please understand that the volunteer Community Members are not the same as Tech or Customer Support but, many people here do have hands on experience with Square's Apps and Hardware.  What we can't do is look at your Square Account setup.  Unfortunately, we have to guess sometimes.  Just to clarify - are the items you sell in person different from the items you sell online ?  This was something we did for a while - we first setup everything including all items in our Square Account Dashboard before even installing the Square POS App on our iPad.  In addition to the items, we created two Categories - one for selling in person (Studio Items) and the other for online items (Virtual).   After installing the POS App, we could then add the Studio Items to show on the Favorites page.  Sorry, my explanation my not make sense but, that's what we did.  As for why you can't see everything in your Account Dashboard is a mystery and why there's dupes in the POS App.  Maybe another Community Member some thoughts.  My guess is that it's possible your POS App may be corrupted but, I'm not a Tech.  You may want to contact Tech Support as they can take a look at your Account Setup and go from there.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi BonnieBakeshop,

Please understand that the volunteer Community Members are not the same as Tech or Customer Support but, many people here do have hands on experience with Square's Apps and Hardware.  What we can't do is look at your Square Account setup.  Unfortunately, we have to guess sometimes.  Just to clarify - are the items you sell in person different from the items you sell online ?  This was something we did for a while - we first setup everything including all items in our Square Account Dashboard before even installing the Square POS App on our iPad.  In addition to the items, we created two Categories - one for selling in person (Studio Items) and the other for online items (Virtual).   After installing the POS App, we could then add the Studio Items to show on the Favorites page.  Sorry, my explanation my not make sense but, that's what we did.  As for why you can't see everything in your Account Dashboard is a mystery and why there's dupes in the POS App.  Maybe another Community Member some thoughts.  My guess is that it's possible your POS App may be corrupted but, I'm not a Tech.  You may want to contact Tech Support as they can take a look at your Account Setup and go from there.

Message 2 of 2