x

New Favorite Pages not syncing

I was excited to learn the new version of the app has added favorite pages. I hate change and find the new look annoying, but will deal with it for added features (especially since we can finally search when adding a favorite item instead of scrolling endlessly).

However after setting up a few items on a favorite page I noticed that it is not syncing with other phones logged into the account.

I do have multiple accounts, but I double checked and both devices are logged into the same account. I also tried logging out and logging back in. 

Message 1 of 16
3 Best Answers

Best Answer

Hey @Sithkazar 

Yes, favorites on a mobile device will sync across mobile devices/Terminal, and favorites on a tablet will sync across tablets/Register, but the two won't cross over between mobile and tablet.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Welcome back to the Community, @ber

I would recommend making sure both devices are up to date, so you can see the Favorites option. 

As long as you are logging into the same Location on each device, the Favorites will sync over. 

If it's still giving you trouble, I am going to recommend reaching out to our Hardware team. They can take a deeper look and even file a ticket with our engineers if it's giving you trouble. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 16

Best Answer

I am reaching out to the Hardware Team.  Thanks, BER

View Best Answer >

Message 16 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Ok. I have theory that this has to do with the type of device. My phone is an Android so its running Square POS. I have a Square Register and an old ipad 2. Since the ipad is no longer supported I wanted to switch accounts on the Register to see how it appeared, however I can't because it doesn't remember cash drawers and wants me to close my open one in order to switch. So I instead logged into the ipad.

I am thinking the Register and ipad are both running Square Register while the phone is running Square POS and that is why the favorites set up is not syncing.

Message 2 of 16
Square Champion

The iOS device should be running Square POS, Is it a category that isn't syncing? Was the Category made in the Product Library or Square Online? Please note Square Online Sync has been experiencing delays lately, you can keep an  eye on these circumstances via issquareup.com

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 16

I went ahead and counted out my drawer so I could confirm that the register looks the same as the ipad and it does. As you can see I added two parasols on the first favorite tab and I did not rename it on the ipad. When I opened the android phone it did not show anything so I added one parasol and renamed the tab to "parasols."ipad 2ipad 2

Square RegisterSquare Register

Android phone running 7.1.1 (latest available for my phone)Android phone running 7.1.1 (latest available for my phone)

Message 4 of 16

Best Answer

Hey @Sithkazar 

Yes, favorites on a mobile device will sync across mobile devices/Terminal, and favorites on a tablet will sync across tablets/Register, but the two won't cross over between mobile and tablet.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 16

Ah. ok. Do you know if that is a permanent situation? It is going to be a pain having to always setup and change everything twice.

Message 6 of 16

@Sithkazar 

I have no inside knowledge on it, but as far as I can tell, probably?
Because on Mobile/Terminal its a 2x10 Grid vs a 5x5 Grid on Tablet/Register, it's hard to sync those together and keep a good organization structure. It would get super wonky if it were synced across, and wouldn't work well.

So for is, it's great that they're separate. We have things optimized in a very different way on our Terminal vs on our Register, and a few others that I know do the same, so it's a good thing for it in practice.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 7 of 16

Ah. That does make sense. I guess I should just be happy that favorite shortcuts are an option on mobile devices now. Thank you for your help.

Message 8 of 16

We're definitely super grateful for it too! It makes things a lot faster to get through the key items we use most often without scrolling!

Glad I could help!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 9 of 16

This must be a glitch with the new implantation of favorite tabs to android. Could someone please report this to those working on the new version of the app?

Message 10 of 16

I understand that only Square Mobile and Terminal sync.  For the life of me, I can't find the ability to add a Favorites page on either of these two devices.  Funny, that I can clearly see the opportunity to add a page on my Tablet, when it is the only device that will not sync with my Terminal and Mobile.  Should I add all of my Favorites to my Tablet and hope for miracle sync?  Forgive the sarcasm but I couldn't resist.  The Terminal  is my most important device for my business.

Message 11 of 16

Best Answer

Welcome back to the Community, @ber

I would recommend making sure both devices are up to date, so you can see the Favorites option. 

As long as you are logging into the same Location on each device, the Favorites will sync over. 

If it's still giving you trouble, I am going to recommend reaching out to our Hardware team. They can take a deeper look and even file a ticket with our engineers if it's giving you trouble. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 12 of 16

I do have a question.  What steps must I take to make sure that both devices are updated?

Message 13 of 16

@ber -

You can check the Version under Settings > About > Version. That will show you which 

If you need to update on your iPad App you can go directly to the App Store and if you need to update the Terminal you will see a notification to Update. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 14 of 16

I can see that Terminal is operating on 5.5.0029.  Is that the most recent Terminal software.  If not, I need to understand how to obtain the Terminal software.  My Tablet is running on the most up-to-date software from Google Play.

Message 15 of 16

Best Answer

I am reaching out to the Hardware Team.  Thanks, BER

Message 16 of 16