x
Square Champion

Help-Bug? trouble with creating an invoice from a "ticket"

trouble with creating an invoice from a "ticket" I have tried this on 2 ipads and also my iphone. Is anyone else haveign thsi problem or can you check for me please. all software is up to date v6.46 (6.46 640001)

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know that you've completed the troubleshooting steps, @dasap1234. Since this did not resolve the issue, please contact our Support Team,. They can gather the information needed to create a support ticket. Then, we can get our engineers to review the details and offer a solution 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square Champion

@dasap1234 wrote:

trouble with creating an invoice from a "ticket" I have tried this on 2 ipads and also my iphone. Is anyone else haveign thsi problem or can you check for me please. all software is up to date v6.46 (6.46 640001)

Michael Lowery

@igregg @Pesso 

I'm not sure exactly, but I really am thinking it has to do with an update given some of the other posts I've seen with POS and Invoicing.  Hopefully someone will chime in and confirm or give you some better insight.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 14
Admin

@timberhillwine @porktaco @BlackAngelDsgns I know you use Invoices... any insight? 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager
Message 3 of 14
Square Champion

I know my way around... it's not that.... this is a BUG... 

Message 4 of 14

Hi there, @dasap1234 - Thanks for providing those additional details.

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for the Square Point of Sale app listed here. If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance. If you cannot create the Invoice from the app, you can also use the Square Dashboard for the time being.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Message 5 of 14
Square Champion

Sorry, I have done all those things. This is happening on three different devices multiple devices and others in the community said it happened to them as well. It is at this point a confirm square issue that needs to be addressed. I’ve uninstalled and reinstall the app too, my background is in tech-support.

Message 6 of 14
Square Champion

I am fully understand that I’m able to create one in the dashboard and know that there is workarounds, but I’m looking for a fix in the dashboard. I’m unable to see open tickets to create A invoice from an open ticket

Message 7 of 14

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know that you've completed the troubleshooting steps, @dasap1234. Since this did not resolve the issue, please contact our Support Team,. They can gather the information needed to create a support ticket. Then, we can get our engineers to review the details and offer a solution 🙂

Violet
Message 8 of 14
Square Champion

I’ll do respect, but I and a lot of other people come to the community for the support because we’re more advanced users. A lot of of us have been around longer than the majority of the tech-support people when you call customer support and the knowledge just isn’t always there so when we bring a bug to your attention here, I don’t expect to go ahead and go through troubleshooting when I’m a beta member and I’ve tested a lot of these things and used to do tech-support like read the post One to read the room. Other people are having the issue. This is a bug. I’ll do respect. I also don’t think we should be able to mark our our own answer. Is it best answer and that’s ridiculous reread what I’m saying and admit that something’s a bug don’t tell me a workaround telling me a workaround is telling me that there’s a problem And if there’s a problem address the problem again all do respect

Message 9 of 14
Square Champion

This is supposed to be a support forum correct not tech-support but a support forum to support each other so why aren’t we using the community for its intended purpose

Message 10 of 14

Hey there! We definitely try to assist in any way we can here on Community. Sometimes, however, it is best and more efficient for Sellers to reach to our support team directly. A support rep can often times provided better one-on-one support, and is also able to escalate an issue in the event it turns out to be a bug. 

If you need a quick link to the support teams you can log into your account and click this link here.😊

Message 11 of 14
Admin

Hi @dasap1234, apologies about the delay ! I'd be happy to take a look for you.

I'd like to try recreating this behavior on my end. Can you confirm that these are the steps you're going through on the POS app:

1. Add an item or amount to the cart
  2. Click on Save Ticket
  3. Go to Tickets and select the ticket
  4. Review Sale
    Charge
  5. Select Invoice

What issue are you running into exactly ? Are you getting an error message when attempting to create the invoice ? A screenshot would be really helpful if possible 🙂.

If you haven't done so already, I'd also suggest going through the troubleshooting steps of this article.

Message 12 of 14
Square Champion

No screenshot available. It immediately crashes the app and then I have to reopen the app and then the apps just like normal but still doesn’t allow you to do that.

Message 13 of 14
Square Champion

No screenshot available. It crashes the app once I go to invoice on multiple devices.

Message 14 of 14