x
Beta Member

Square App Bug

Hi, I'm at an event, and the Square app won't open. At all. I un-installed it and reinstalled to no avail. It lets me sign in and requests access to location, notifications, Bluetooth, and another one.  Once I allowed it, the app shut down. I'm not sure what to do. Please help! 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

It's always helpful to have more information - for example - what's your setup -

Type and model of your smart device - Ios or Android (are they up to date - latest versions)

What Square Hardware are you using - Reader, Contactless and Chip, etc.

Do you have a strong internet connection supplied by the event or are you setup for hotspot?

With additional info, it's possible that someone from the volunteer community may be able to offer some suggestions.  Please understand that the Community is not the same as Tech or Customer Support but, there is quite a bit of hands on experience with Square's Apps and Hardware.

There's a few tips here for starters.

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I have the latest version of the app since I'm beta testing. I have the latest version of my Android phone. I have the app on my phone and use the tap to pay. All my other devices work at the venue and I have five bars. I was wondering if anyone else was having issues. Thank you for replying. 

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @kamasterson,

I apologize for the delay, I'm hoping this has been resolved! 

If not, can you confirm, you are using the Beta app? 

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Hi, I'm using the same app I first downloaded. The app adjusted to the change when I was added to the beta group. The next day, it stopped working. Thank you for your assistance.

KAM

Message 5 of 8

Can you provide a screen recording of what you are experiencing @kamasterson? I am happy to get this escalated and investigated further! 

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

What do you mean by a screen recording? How do I do that?

Message 7 of 8

Hi @kamasterson Here is a Google article on how to screen record on your Android device. If that doesn't work, I would do a browser search for your specific phone type "+ screen record".

Message 8 of 8