x

make special item available for pre-sale online without disturbing regular store activity.

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to offer gift boxes for sale through our online store without disturbing our usual menu which is available to the public once a week, on Friday thru Saturday, when we are open (e.g. making everything unavailable but the Box, changing hours of operation, etc.).

I would like for a customer to be able to order a box with (say) a two-day lead time and have them pick it up when it is ready, again without having to disturb my usual menu of Saturday offerings and pick-up.

It wouldn't be harmful for me to take orders from the normal menu for Saturday pick-up, I could have the store on all the time, but I would like for this particular item to have a more flexible pick-up time.

Events? Different Location? I am cool with workarounds. There are just so many rabbit holes to go down, and I would like some advice on which one to take a dive into. Thank you so much!

Junebug

Head Baker

Jackie O's Bakeshop

Athens, Ohio

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I was thinking that I could just open the online store and let all of the regular menu items pile up until their regular Saturday pick-up, but put excessive verbiage on the Gift Box in the description and title that indicates that we will fulfill the item with 24 hrs. or something, and then resolve the order when it is finished letting the customer know it is ready for pick-up. I've not tried to resolve an order that was ready before the regular pick-up date, but it seems as though it would work. Does anyone think that this will work? Thank you!

- junebug

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hey @jackieosbakes, thanks for sharing this!

There are a couple of things we can try:

• For the gift boxes item, you can set their fulfilment method to be Shipping rather than Pickup, but specify in the item's description that you'll get in touch with them directly when the item is ready for pickup. You can set the shipping fee to be free so customers won't be paying for this as well.
  • Create a new location called Gift Boxes (it can have the same address details as the original location) and make sure the gift boxes item are only available for this one location only. When you setup the pickup for this location, turn off the option to automatically assign a pickup time at checkout and disable scheduling for pic.... This way, you can manually share the pickup details with your customer.

I hope this will help!

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 4

This sounds great, and it's a rabbit hole I was already down a bit. I will let you know what happens

Thank you,

- junebug

Message 4 of 4