x

Where should the Custom Manual Group Discount be applied during check out?

I have created a custom Manual Group and a Discount which I have applied to that group. To test how it would work, I added a single customer to the group and did a test checkout using that customer's name.  I cannot see that the discount is applied anywhere during the checkout process.  I would expect to see the discount applied before the sale is actually paid.  Where should I see it applied or what am I doing wrong to prevent the discount from being applied at all?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Heather_H - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your discount has brought you to the Seller Community😥

For this type of issue, it would be best for you to get in touch with our Support Team. Then, they can take a look at your account, mimick the workflow, and see if they can replicate the error or suggest what you may need to change for this to work as expected. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. *If you have Square for Retail Plus, your account has 24/7 access to phone support*

Thank you,

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Hi @HanoverAreaArts. See screen shot below.  Is the setting for applying the discount automatically on the POS toggled on?  Also have you set any conditions (minimum spend, etc) for this discount that might be getting in the way?  If both of these are correct, could you please take a few screen shots of your discount definition and post them here?

IMG_4880.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I'm having a similar issue. I set up a discount for a specific group. When I test it on Square Register or the Square iOS App the discount does not automatically apply when I add a customer from the group. I see the automatic discount under the customer profile, but it isn't applying to the cart.

Discount Settings: 

- It's set to a 100% Discount applied to all items

- The box is checked to automatically apply the discount

- There is no date range, minimum spend, or maximum spend applied.

Appreciate any insight. We do use Square for Retail.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Heather_H - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your discount has brought you to the Seller Community😥

For this type of issue, it would be best for you to get in touch with our Support Team. Then, they can take a look at your account, mimick the workflow, and see if they can replicate the error or suggest what you may need to change for this to work as expected. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. *If you have Square for Retail Plus, your account has 24/7 access to phone support*

Thank you,

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4