x

Weebly Promote red flagged by SafeBrowser.io (xfinity WiFi). Will Promote make updates?

Newsletters I create via Weebly Promote have links that are all being tagged as unsafe by SafeBrowser.io.

As I understand, I am able to personally disable my version of SafeBrowser via my Xfinity WiFi Security settings, but this does not solve the main issue. The issue is that ANY recipient that has Xfinity’ s SafeBrowser (or similar) will click on any newsletter link and it will open to a page that states that the site is unsafe.

I am noticing that other folks have similar issues here with other security nets as well. 

Asking clients to disable their

SafeBrowser capabilities is not an option.

As a temporary workaround, I disable WIFi just to send out a newsletter, but this is not a true solution for my clients. 

What update is Promote needing to meet to be seen as safe?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

@BGclient ;

As I see this is your first post welcome to the Square sellers community.

This type of question might need a phone call to Support.  The number is below in my signature line.

Most people here are just other business owners looking for assistance on setup or how to add a feature and we do not know what square is working on behind the scenes.

In General with all these security and spam emails people get to be scammed, alot of email companies are blocking alot of sales ads.  This is because of people are getting tired of ads especially to 'Renew your cars Warrenty'.  Recently I had a customer ask a question, I replied via email.  Almost a Month later she called and wanted to know why we did not respond to her.  I looked back and saw the email was written and sent within 24 hrs.  I gave her the date and subject line.  She found the email in her Spam folder.  So I agree something needs to be done that people get the emails they want and get ones put in spam that are just a scam.   How this will be done, I am not sure.  

Now you said your Weebly Newsletter is marked as Unsafe.  How long ago was your account made?  Shorter accounts get marked as unsafe because Scammer make new account very frequently.  The use site to make a website quickly and use the Free trials to scam people.  My point here is you may need time to show that you are a ligitimate business.   Similar to when a Scam site rates a website,  Relatively new USE CAUTION.  So what I am saying is maybe the Blockers just need time to figure out your a Legitimate business to allow your marketing through their firewalls.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2