x

Track inventory for individual preorder dates

Before I upgrade to learn more about the new preorder feature, I'd like to know if we can track inventory for individual set preorder dates. For example, I will have 30 units available for preorder date May 20th, and another 50 units available for preorder date June 20th.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @shererent

Will your items be shipped, picked up, or delivered to your customers? Normally, items will be removed from the inventory whenever a transaction is completed - not sent. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I would like an answer to this as well. For us, the transaction can happen any day but the amount of units put out on each individual day needs to be controlled. We are a bakery, we would like to limit items available on different days while still allowing preorders for other days. i.e. if we have the inventory for May 20th at 30 units and these sell out, we would still like to have customers be able to order for June 20th at 50 units. Right now, we are only able to add or subtract one inventory as if we are selling shirts and the inventory is just tracked as a total. Does the upgraded inventory tracking allow this kind of thing? I might upgrade as well but can't test it out until we pay for it. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Jenthom08, we do have a preorder feature but it won't accomplish what you are aiming to do. With our system now pre-orders are for special items that are only going to be available one time, on a specific day or date range. This would be a feature request

I am sorry we don't have a better solution right now. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 4