x

Taxes collected not showing up in the Sales Summary Report

We have just opened our store (using Weebly with Square). We have sold items for which there is tax (it's being charged and collected), however in the SQUARE Sales Summary Report, the taxes collected are not showing up. What are we doing incorrectly?

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hey @WilesFarmMarket 🤗

Hmm, did you set up your Online Store through Square Dashboard? If not and you've integrated Weebly via API instead, all sales will import into Square's system uncategorized which means sales tax will not be separated in the Sales Summary Report. 

Let me know if I'm off key... 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

I am just setting up an account as well. Should this not be all integrated? Which site are we supposed to set up on? I am finding it confusing that I seem to have   Weebly account and a square one that jumps back and forth.  Which is it? It is turning me off using this platform as it was suppose to be easy yet I am finding trying to figure out why shipping is not being added onto people's carts annoying as well as taxes are not being added. 

Message 3 of 9
Admin

@kmbush2004 I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your system. We are working to integrate everything, but there are still some features from the original Weebly Accounts that are not integrated into Square Online. Are you using an old Weebly account or a Square Online account? If you access your online store dashboard from the Square Dashboard (squareup.com/dashboard), then you are using Square Online's version.

AshleyK
Message 4 of 9

I also have this problem - I set up Square to integrate with Wix; it was very easy to connect it all - but again for reporting purposes even though Wix delineates taxes collected when the orders come in, for whatever reason they also show up as uncategorized in Square reports and it's creating this huge nightmare where we are collecting taxes through Square that don't actually appear as anything but revenue.  Did anyone actually find a fix to this?  I'm not creating a parallel storefront on another service that doesn't integrate into our website nicely.

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

@SleepingGiant 

Unfortunately amounts collected through 3rd party integrations, like Wix, will not be itemized and will always import into Square's reports as uncategorized, including tax. There isn't a fix to this I'm afraid. 

Justin
Message 6 of 9

I’m having the same problem with sales tax not showing in sales summary. I have a Squarespace website and use the Square reader for in person sales. Is there any fix to this? Do I need to setup sales tax through Square dashboard and not the Squarespace app?

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Biggiebonbon 👋

Can you please post a link to your website? I just want to confirm that you have a website with Squarespace (third party company) and not Square Online/Weebly which is a Square product. 

Message 8 of 9

I have a Squarespace website, www.biggiehandmade.com

Message 9 of 9