x

Square Kiosk not working

I have square stand, square KDS, and now the square kiosk app. The kiosk will not display more than six items. I have about 11 on my menu. Within my square dashboard/menu: All menu items have "display at all locations and kiosk" checked off. I have shut everything off, restarted, gotten the correct device codes, etc.

Nothing works. I have called square numerous times and no one know anything. 

I need ALL of my items to display on the kiosk. I will end up returning all of the equipment as the kiosk feature is the MAIN thing I need.

Please help!! Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @Melina635,

First, I see this is your first post! Welcome! 

Thank you for reaching out. We understand how crucial it is for all of your menu items to be displayed on the kiosk. Since you've already ensured that all menu items are set to "display at all locations and kiosk," Can you try these steps:

1) Restarting your kiosk?

• To restart your kiosk, you’ll need to force quit the Square Kiosk app and restart your iPad. Restarting may require removing your iPad from its mount.

2) Sign in and out:

On your iPad, open the Square Kiosk app and sign in with a device code. Use the device code you created for the kiosk device at the location you’d like to set up your kiosk.

If your device code has expired, create a new code on your Square Dashboard.

• Navigate to Settings > Device Management.
  • Click Select the Kiosk Device > Reset Device Code. This new 12 digit code can be used to sign into the kiosk.

To sign out press the Get Started screen with two fingertips for 5 seconds, and you’ll be prompted for the owner passcode to access device settings and sign out.

3) Update the Kiosk app: To update the Square Kiosk app, you need to either update the Testflight app on your iPad. Before downloading or updating Testflight, make sure your iPad is updated with the latest software.

Once you download Testflight, the same link will allow you to download the Square Kiosk app.

If you have already downloaded Testflight, select Join the Beta to download Square Kiosk.

Thanks for working with us on this and we are commited to getting this fixed.  If this continues, please contact our support team directly for further assistance. 😊

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @Melina635,

First, I see this is your first post! Welcome! 

Thank you for reaching out. We understand how crucial it is for all of your menu items to be displayed on the kiosk. Since you've already ensured that all menu items are set to "display at all locations and kiosk," Can you try these steps:

1) Restarting your kiosk?

• To restart your kiosk, you’ll need to force quit the Square Kiosk app and restart your iPad. Restarting may require removing your iPad from its mount.

2) Sign in and out:

On your iPad, open the Square Kiosk app and sign in with a device code. Use the device code you created for the kiosk device at the location you’d like to set up your kiosk.

If your device code has expired, create a new code on your Square Dashboard.

• Navigate to Settings > Device Management.
  • Click Select the Kiosk Device > Reset Device Code. This new 12 digit code can be used to sign into the kiosk.

To sign out press the Get Started screen with two fingertips for 5 seconds, and you’ll be prompted for the owner passcode to access device settings and sign out.

3) Update the Kiosk app: To update the Square Kiosk app, you need to either update the Testflight app on your iPad. Before downloading or updating Testflight, make sure your iPad is updated with the latest software.

Once you download Testflight, the same link will allow you to download the Square Kiosk app.

If you have already downloaded Testflight, select Join the Beta to download Square Kiosk.

Thanks for working with us on this and we are commited to getting this fixed.  If this continues, please contact our support team directly for further assistance. 😊

Message 2 of 3

TO ANYONE WHO SEES THIS, DO NO BUY SQUARE KIOSK, IT IS THE WORST. I HAVE TO CALL EVERY TECH SUPPORT SINGLE WEEK. IT IS A NIGHTMARE AND A WASTE OF MONEY

Message 3 of 3