x

(Resolved 6/28) Meta Integration Issues

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Meta Connection Issues"

Hoping someone can help me here! I noticed when updating my website yesterday, my Instagram feed was not loading. To fix, I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting and today I am getting an error message:

"Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role"

How can I get this fixed? My products are supposed to sync with my Instagram store which is clearly not happening. Please help so I can get my inventory accurate on all parties to continue selling.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 67
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all, thank you for your patience here 🙏

As of today, Meta has reinstated our application and all services relying on Meta (Instagram + Facebook integrations) are now working as expected. I know that some of you may have disconnected your Instagram and Facebook for Business integrations during this time. You can now reconnect 🙂

Please let me know if anyone is having further trouble!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

View Best Answer >

Message 63 of 67

Best Answer

If anyone is still having trouble, I had to remove the website access on the Instagram side first and then reconnect the account via the square dashboard (using my laptop / desk top) not via my phone. This has now resolved the issue.  

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

I'm also having the same issue! So frustrating.

Message 43 of 67

Between all the outages this year, and the loss of ability to connect to Instagram and Facebook, Square is not performing within their SLA. The fact that it's taken over a week with no resolution or fix is unheard of for a company so many businesses rely on for their livelihood. 

Message 44 of 67
Beta Member

I mean, to be fair, they’re first and primarily a payment processor; the ability to connect to an Instagram account is likely not high on their list. Additionally, since other services aside from Square are experiencing similar issues, it’s more likely to be a Meta issue, which Square has no control over.

So, yes, frustrating but perhaps not within the realm of Square’s main business or even within their control.

Message 45 of 67

Fully agree. Had outages all day today at an event. Lost connection to hardware, wouldn’t log into point of sale. In the end lost a number of sales. Generally a very glitchy platform. 

Message 46 of 67

Any updates to this?  When setting up my webpage via Square and trying to get my Instagram feed connected to the website, I continue to receive the "Insufficient Developer Role" error and cannot connect the two platforms.  Please help.

Message 47 of 67

Hi all - Thanks for checking in on the progress of this issue. I just checked in with our engineers this morning. They're actively working with our partners at Meta to resolve this issue. 

Some of you may have received an email to authenticate your Meta apps, but you will not be able to do so. Again, we apologize for the confusion surrounding this. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds for this issue.

We will continue to post any updates we receive here, to keep you in the loop. We appreciate your patience and understanding 🙏

Violet

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 48 of 67

Any update on this today? It's been down for several days, and I'm surprised there's no resolution. I confirmed with Meta that the issue is with Square. The Square support rep didn't even know it was an issue until I pointed out this thread. 

Message 49 of 67

🤦

Message 50 of 67

As mentioned in the recent post by @Luxurycloset it looks like the Instagram feed issue has been resolved! Hopefully this means that the other Meta-related issues have also been fixed.

Thank you to the community and moderators for the ongoing status updates. I found this seller community thread to be the best source of up-to-date information.

Message 51 of 67
Beta Member

I received an Instagram order that is only visible in Meta Commerce Manager. Meta did it's part notifying me that there's an order, but once in Meta it states:

"Order pending acknowledgement by Kettle River Candles"

Where am I suppose to acknowledge this order to push it to Square so that I can fulfill it and get paid? 

Message 52 of 67

Hello @KettleRiver 👋

There is a current disruption with Meta integrations at this time.

All integrations between Square and Meta are affected, but only a small percentage of our Sellers have experienced issues as a result. We are working diligently with Meta to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

I went ahead and merged your post in a thread about this disruption so you receive updates. 

Thank you!

Frances
Message 53 of 67

Any update on how to fix this issue? I'm unable to link Instagram and I'm losing potential sales!

Message 54 of 67

I'm getting the same issues.
Whats worse is that I've been on the phone with a square rep for the past hour and ten minutes, and instead of telling me that its a known issue, it took him an hour to say that its an instagram issue and he cant help me. After an hour on and off hold, I figured to come here to this forum to see if anyone has a solution, and now I see that many have this problem.
I just asked him if he knew that its a known issue that many sellers have been writing about - he evidently had no clue and after an hour transfered me to the next team.

Message 55 of 67

Was on the phone with both square and meta business all last week and wasted my time. Has nothing to do with setup or permissions for this issue. The developers on both ends need to give permissions with the access token embedded in the html 

Message 56 of 67

Instagram feed is finally working again! Thank you!

Message 57 of 67

My isn’t 😩

Message 58 of 67

Yep, same. Still not working! 

Message 59 of 67

mine is now. 

you have to go to your website through your dashboard and re connect it 🙂

Message 60 of 67

Mine asks to select a business portfolio, but it doesn't display my FB page to connect to. Screenshot 2024-06-28 120128.png

Message 61 of 67

After reconnecting, its working for me today. Thanks

Message 62 of 67

Best Answer

Hi all, thank you for your patience here 🙏

As of today, Meta has reinstated our application and all services relying on Meta (Instagram + Facebook integrations) are now working as expected. I know that some of you may have disconnected your Instagram and Facebook for Business integrations during this time. You can now reconnect 🙂

Please let me know if anyone is having further trouble!

Violet

Message 63 of 67