x

(Resolved 6/28) Meta Integration Issues

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Meta Connection Issues"

Hoping someone can help me here! I noticed when updating my website yesterday, my Instagram feed was not loading. To fix, I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting and today I am getting an error message:

"Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role"

How can I get this fixed? My products are supposed to sync with my Instagram store which is clearly not happening. Please help so I can get my inventory accurate on all parties to continue selling.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 67
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all, thank you for your patience here 🙏

As of today, Meta has reinstated our application and all services relying on Meta (Instagram + Facebook integrations) are now working as expected. I know that some of you may have disconnected your Instagram and Facebook for Business integrations during this time. You can now reconnect 🙂

Please let me know if anyone is having further trouble!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

View Best Answer >

Message 63 of 67

Best Answer

If anyone is still having trouble, I had to remove the website access on the Instagram side first and then reconnect the account via the square dashboard (using my laptop / desk top) not via my phone. This has now resolved the issue.  

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Hello @tylerjamesdj , I apologize there is nowhere to subscribe for updates. and no workarounds currently. As soon as our team hears back from Meta on this we will let you know! 

MayaP

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 22 of 67

Hi, I'm having the same issue here. Like everyone in the post, I tried to disconnect my instagram and connect it again. Get the same error.... Anyone can help with this asap? It really affects our business website... Appreciate if square can fix this asap!

Message 23 of 67

Hello there @dollywang77,

I apologize for the disruption! Please see @Laurie_ reply above. We are waiting for updates from Meta. As soon as we have more information we will let you know! Thank you for your patience! 

MayaP

Message 24 of 67
Square Champion

Our meta connection has beeb severed for weeks- we didn't change anything an were confused but didn't really care enough to fix it once we got the developer message.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 25 of 67

Good Morning @DinaLRosenberg ,

Our team is waiting for Meta to resolve this. We will let you know once this has been fixed! Thank you so much for working with us on this! 🙏

MayaP

Message 26 of 67

Thank you 

Message 27 of 67

To fix this, you need to ensure you have the correct developer role for your app in Meta's developer settings. Check your role permissions in Meta's Developer Dashboard and make sure you have the necessary access.

Message 28 of 67

Hi,

can you explain how this is done if you are not a developer? 

Thanks 

Message 29 of 67

Just chiming in to say that this is also happening to my square website since at least the evening of 6/13/24. The issue started just after making a change to my square product website at that time. Is there any ETA as to when this might be fixed? Thanks!

Message 30 of 67

Hi @WMStudio,

[UPDATE: 5/23/24 Pacific Time] We're working closely with Meta's team to resolve these issues. From what we've been told, there are certain restrictions Meta introduced on their platform that have impacted integrations with third-party platforms, like Square.

We're in the same boat as many other platforms, waiting for the next update from Meta. Our Partnerships Team have assured us that Meta is aware of this issue and working quickly towards a solution. We expect to receive the next update from Meta's team early this week (starting Monday, June 24, PT).

We'll do our best to keep you in the loop with any updates as they are received.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 31 of 67

Hi, can we have an update on progress please and how this can be resolved? It's really frustrating and obviously a long standing issue that is impacting a number of accounts. 

Thanks.

Message 32 of 67

Hi there, @Deryn1 - Our Engineering Team is still waiting for more information from Meta at this time. Unfortunately, for this issue, there aren't any workarounds 😞

We'll continue to provide updates on this issue, as we receive them. Again, we thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

Violet

Message 33 of 67

I emailed Square support about this issue last week when my Instagram feed stopped working, and then posted here to the Seller Community when I didn't hear back from Square support.

I just received the following email from Square support, which I am having trouble understanding from an end-user point of view. Can anyone clarify if there is anything we can do to fix this issue from an end-user (not developer) standpoint? I logged into Facebook Business Manager / Meta Business Suite and do not see anything regarding admin permissions.

Thanks!

Based on the information provided, it seems that the issue you are experiencing when trying to connect your Instagram account by clicking on the "Connect Instagram" button and entering your username or password may be related to the Admin Permission Required message.

This error occurs when the admin of a Facebook Business page or Instagram Business profile requires admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account to make changes. To resolve this, you will need to ensure that the admin permissions are set correctly via Facebook Business Manager. You can access Facebook Support for Add-on Businesses to get assistance with this issue.

Additionally, you may need to visit the Meta Business Help Center for further guidance on adding people to a business account and business assets.

You can also learn more about adding an RSS feed section to your Square Online site.

Message 34 of 67

Hi @WMStudio

Unfortunately, there’s no change in our advice. We still need to wait for Meta’s team to resolve this issue on their end. Our team is in contact with them daily, but they have not yet reached a resolution. We will continue to await further updates.

Apologies for the confusion caused by the email you received. It seems the support member assisting you was not aware of the current issues with Meta, which are also affecting Instagram feeds from appearing on Square Online sites.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 35 of 67

I am having the same issue and getting the message: "Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role" when trying to link my square and my business Instagram feed. I am completely baffled as to how to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Message 36 of 67

Ive also been having the problem fro the last few weeks. Its driving me crazy!

Message 37 of 67

It's happening to me as well. I just started a new thread. Also, my Square inventory stopped working with the Meta Commerce Catalog. My newest items are stuck in 'Pending' mode.

The Vanity Dish
Selectively Sourced Thrift
Message 38 of 67

Im starting to wonder if square is worth the hassle

Message 39 of 67

Yep

Message 40 of 67

The Instagram posts stopped showing up in my online Square store. When I try to reconnect my Instagram account with Square I get the following error. This started happening several days ago, and has not been resolved. Before that, everything was working just fine.

Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role

The Vanity Dish
Selectively Sourced Thrift
Message 41 of 67

i get the same message. Im beginning to wonder if square is worth it. When it does work its ridiculously slow

Message 42 of 67