x

(Resolved 6/28) Meta Integration Issues

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Meta Connection Issues"

Hoping someone can help me here! I noticed when updating my website yesterday, my Instagram feed was not loading. To fix, I ended up disconnecting and reconnecting and today I am getting an error message:

"Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role"

How can I get this fixed? My products are supposed to sync with my Instagram store which is clearly not happening. Please help so I can get my inventory accurate on all parties to continue selling.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 67
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all, thank you for your patience here 🙏

As of today, Meta has reinstated our application and all services relying on Meta (Instagram + Facebook integrations) are now working as expected. I know that some of you may have disconnected your Instagram and Facebook for Business integrations during this time. You can now reconnect 🙂

Please let me know if anyone is having further trouble!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

View Best Answer >

Message 63 of 67

Best Answer

If anyone is still having trouble, I had to remove the website access on the Instagram side first and then reconnect the account via the square dashboard (using my laptop / desk top) not via my phone. This has now resolved the issue.  

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

I am having the same issue. When I go to connect my Instagram account in the Instragram Feed section of my Square Online Site, the Instagram app (or website) opens, and my Square Online page returns an error, “Something went wrong. An error occurred when connecting to Instagram. Please try again.”

Instagrams returns an error “Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role". The Instagram Website permissions setting shows No Active Apps.

This has been going on for at least 3 days.

Message 2 of 67

same issue, no luck fixing or finding online. It also wont let me login on the Meta for business instagram section, SO im thinking this is a Meta error.

Message 3 of 67

Same issue here. It was working, and 3 days ago it just stopped connecting. I am also getting the red pop up saying there was a problem connecting when I return to the square site from instagram. 

Message 4 of 67

I’m having the same issue and messages come up on my end too!

Message 5 of 67
Beta Member

Any success so far? I'm getting the same messaging today. Tried on two different devices on different networks, with no luck.

Message 6 of 67

Hello all! 

This is a known issue affecting some of our Sellers. 

We are working with Meta to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Frances
Message 7 of 67

Hello,

Same issue in the UK. Apparently Meta has actually disabled access to the API that allowed 3rd parties to import content from connected Instagram accounts. As mentioned below, its impacting a number of 3rd party applications including WordPress. It seems to be another award winning move by Meta to be honest!....This same issue appears on multiple threads, however, Square are not connecting the dots and are providing different answers in different geographies. I had to come on US support in order to find this and see a clear response from Square. I have had this issue for over 2 weeks now!  

Message 8 of 67

Hello @Deryn1 👋

I'm truly sorry for the confusion caused. 

I haven't seen other threads regarding this particular issue, but did notice you commented on an older thread that mentioned similar issues, but was unrelated, as it had been posted over a year ago. 

While we try to keep related posts all in one thread, sometimes we receive multiple posts regarding a single issue and might not get them merged right away. 

We have reached out to request more information on the root cause of this issue, as well as an ETA for resolution. Meta has asked that we allow them an additional 24 hours to review the incident.

We'll continue to provide updates here once we hear more.

Frances
Message 9 of 67

Message 10 of 67

Thanks very much for your follow up. It is greatly appreciated!

Deryn. 

Message 11 of 67

I have been running into issues trying to connect my Square online account to my Facebook (Meta) account.  Thought it was an issue with Facebook, but worked with FB support last night to have them correct the restricted accounts that were on that side.  We stepped thru the process I was doing to try and connect and they couldn't see anything on their side - said it was with Square.

I am following the steps at this link - https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7887-connect-square-online-with-meta-for-business

1) Get Started > Connect Meta for Business

From my dashboard, I select Online Sales Channel, and when I choose Meta for Business, I get an error message...

APP NOT ACTIVE (This app is not active right now and the app developer is aware of the issue.  You will be able to log in when the app is reactivated.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 12 of 67

Your issue seems to be related to the issue a lot of us are having with connecting Square online accounts with Instagram (another Meta product). See this thread for more information:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online/Instagram-Connection-Issues/m-p/735121/highlight/tr...

Message 13 of 67

Thank you for your response, @WMStudio!

@trishwhandmade I'm going to merge your post with the existing thread we're using to update Sellers reaching out to report this issue. It's a waiting game at this point. The last update our team received from Meta indicated that they have prioritized resolving this issue. Once we know more, we'll post an update to the thread. 👍

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 14 of 67

I have been trying to connect since Sunday - any updates?

Message 15 of 67

Hey @aeriaclothing,

Thanks for joining the Community.

We do not have any updates at this time. Please check out the Best Answer above.

Message 16 of 67

I am trying to integrate my business instagram account to my square website. In the past it had worked fine but I recently created a second site on my square account and don't know if there is any connection. The error message is:

Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role

Thanks for any support. 

Message 17 of 67

Hello @TimedGalaxy and @tylerjamesdj 👋

I merged your posts into this thread, as it seems you are being affected by the known issue being discussed here. 

Let me know if you have additional questions! 

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 18 of 67

My website’s Instagram feed has disappeared. I’m not sure if that feature is currently down/unavailable or has been removed without a heads up? When in “edit website” it shows that my Instagram account is still connected but no longer shows. Any suggestions or information?

Message 19 of 67

Hello @EBA_ws 👋 

I went ahead and merged your post with a thread where this known issue is being discussed. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 20 of 67

Is there anywhere to subscribe to updates on this? Just joined Square and was really hoping to use this feature. Also - are there any workarounds to pull in an Instagram feeds using another third-party app?

Message 21 of 67