x
Beta Member

Problem connecting Facebook and Instagram

Square says I can connect my FB and Instagram pages to sell there. It says that my account is associated with a Commerce Account that sells Onsite. This partner does not currently support Onsite Checkout. I'm confused. Of course I sell on site, I go to market, but I post all the time on Facebook and Instagram. I just want to connect them so I don't have to update everything manually. I have my online shop here and I sell at market.

How do I fix this? I don't even know what it's really asking.

Melissa Gillespie
Owner and Creator
Silver Branch Soapworks
silverbranchsoapworks@gmail.com
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @MelissaCG

Thanks for reaching out to us! Is your online store through Square or are you using a 3rd party company as a builder? 

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

I use square as the builder.

Melissa Gillespie
Owner and Creator
Silver Branch Soapworks
silverbranchsoapworks@gmail.com
Message 3 of 9

I am having this exact same issue. I have my website via square and all of my items posted on that site and on the square checkout. I do not have a physical store at all, and do all business online. 

Message 4 of 9

Hi @PuffBunny

Can you log into your Facebook Commerce settings and check to make sure you have the option to "checkout through website" enabled? Per this Facebook guide, it sounds like your page is setup to "checkout on Facebook or Instagram" which will not work with your Square Online website. 

Let us know how this goes. 😊

Message 5 of 9

Hi,

I'm unable to select "checkout on another website" in Facebook Commerce

shop shows global and USUS options: 1) checkout through FB or IG or 2) Shop Pay for onsite checkoutUS options: 1) checkout through FB or IG or 2) Shop Pay for onsite checkout

Message 6 of 9

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Nevious 👋

Unfortunately, I believe there is a bug that is preventing sellers from connecting to Facebook. I'm trying to hunt down more information for you, and will let you know what I find out. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience. ❤️

Message 7 of 9

Hi, is there any update on the bug for connecting Square to Facebook?

Thank you,

Nevious

Message 8 of 9

Hello @Nevious

While our team is investigating this issue, we currently don't have an ETA for when it will be fully resolved. 

We'll keep checking on the status of it and keep you updated. 

Thank you!

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9