x

Pickup and Delivery does not show when a customer adds a product to the cart

I have my pickup and delivery set up but when a customer clicks on a product it goes to the cart it doesn't ask for pickup or delivery it wants them to pay first. I do have a free website would I need to upgrade so it can show pickup or delivery? Here is my website to see what I am talking about when adding an order to the cart. https://virgininthekitchen.square.site/

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @Lisa38 !

When looking at your site, I tried to update the fulfillment using the "How to get it" link on the left column. I see Pickup and Local Delivery options there. When I choose either of those options, though, I do not see any products listed.

I'm betting there's a fulfillment issue with your items that's causing this behavior. From your online item libaray (Dashboard -> Online -> Items -> Site Items), use the check boxes on the left of the list to select every item you want to be seen on your website, then click Bulk Edit -> Select Fulfillment (in the upper right). Choose Pickup and Local Delivery from this list. That will set all your fulfillments for all your items.

To check this, either clear your browser cache, use an incognito window, or open another browser. This will force the new data to show. That should clear up this issue, and no you don't need to upgrade your site to have various fulfillment options shown.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @Lisa38 !

When looking at your site, I tried to update the fulfillment using the "How to get it" link on the left column. I see Pickup and Local Delivery options there. When I choose either of those options, though, I do not see any products listed.

I'm betting there's a fulfillment issue with your items that's causing this behavior. From your online item libaray (Dashboard -> Online -> Items -> Site Items), use the check boxes on the left of the list to select every item you want to be seen on your website, then click Bulk Edit -> Select Fulfillment (in the upper right). Choose Pickup and Local Delivery from this list. That will set all your fulfillments for all your items.

To check this, either clear your browser cache, use an incognito window, or open another browser. This will force the new data to show. That should clear up this issue, and no you don't need to upgrade your site to have various fulfillment options shown.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

I did that and it still is not coming up to choose pickup or local delivery.

Message 3 of 5

I called and they told me I had to change my TYPE from Other to Prepared food and beverages and once I did that it works great now.

Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

@Lisa38  Interesting! I never would have guessed that the item type is what would have triggered the Pickup/Delivery options! This is good to know!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 5