x

Multiple customers reporting apple pay errors in online checkout

I run an online-only restaurant. I have had multiple customers report to me that they tried to check out with Apple Pay from the cart (not on the checkout page), and the transaction appeared to process successfully in Apple Pay's interface, but their cart on my site still contained the item they had purchased. Additionally, I never saw an order come in on my end for their purchase, and they ultimately never saw a charge on their Apple Pay account.

I have also heard from multiple customers, and seen myself in testing through Chrome Incognito windows, that sometimes the Apple Pay button just disappears from the Cart interface.

Since I first created my site, my checkout options have been configured to both a) allow both Apple Pay and Google Pay, and b) display the Apple/Google pay buttons on item details page since I first created my site.

I have been getting these reports from my customers since last week, so definitely a multi-day issue. Is there something up with the Apple Pay<->Square integration? Is anyone else seeing stuff like this, or having issues? Customers have told me they love the convenience of Apple Pay and would prefer to pay for my products this way, but they're frustrated that it's not working as expected.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @DishPlz

Sorry to hear that Apple Pay is not working for you. Have you tried to unpublishe/publish your site? If not, can you please try doing this, test it once more, and let us know if you can see the Apple Pay button as expected. In the past, this has seemed to fix buggy sites for other sellers. 

Thank you!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Apple Pay error on checkout...

Multiple customers unable to use it.   What I've done..

1.  Verified their using an Apple device

2.  Verified they're using Safari

3.  Verified they're selecting state

4.  Verified under settings that Apple Pay is in fact toggled on and active. 

Error is always indicating their shipping address isn't correct.   My customers are not having any issues with Apple Pay anywhere except when checking out on their orders from me. 

My software is LoyalShops and we use Square Orders...  This process is integrated between LoyalShops and Square Orders.   

Any others reporting this and any suggestions?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Plumpapparel 👋

Is the error popping up on a LoyalShops screen? Or a Square screen? 

And just to make sure I'm understanding correctly, once a customer places an order it shows up on the Order Manager screen in your dashboard?

It doesn't look like LoyalShops is an app offered in our App Marketplace, so can you walk me through how you integrated Square with this service?

Most of our integrations are not managed by Square, and we direct users to the support team of the company that manages the integration. It would probably be helpful to reach out to LoyalShops in this case.

Once I receive more information from you, I will further into this issue. 

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4